It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 03:46 AM   #16

emu HB User
Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

Garlic, garlic, and more garlic. Especially the garlic capsule that has Allicin in it!

Old 05-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

A study done at the Mayo Clinic in 1999 indicated that 96% of sinus problems are caused by fungus growing in your sinus cavities. About 200 patients were tested with chronic sinusitis and 40 different fungii were ID'ed. Each person had 2.7 different ones. You may want to look into this further???

There are several ways Homeopathy is practiced. The Classical Method another one is give a remedy for a particular symptom and a another is a sorta shotgun approach --- give a homeopathic medicine that contains 3 to 12 or more remedies. I have used all methods and I think the most effective is the Classical Method or the single remedy approach.

The many remedy approach give you low potencies remedies --hoping 1 or 2 will help.
Sinusalia™ by Borion(a French Co.) has 3 remedies Bell 3X, Sang. canad.3X, and Spegelia anthelmia 3X.

Borerick &Tafel puts out a Hay Fever Aide™ that has 5 remedies.

Lehning Laboratories a France company has a Sinus Remedy and is distributed by by Ezymatic Therapy in the US and containes 12 remedies.

Natra-Bio puts out a "allergy relief" product that has 8 remedies.
There is also Euphorbium Sinus Relief™ mfc in Germany and distribued by Heel,Inc --it a nasal spray that containes 8 remedies.

As you may know there are many others on the market. I listed these because I have bought and have these in my possession NOW and over the years have tried many others. They do help some people for a period of time and have become sorta popular. The problem is you don't know which remedy is helping you and the potency is usually so low that they don't last long and are not curative.

The best way I think Homeopathy is practiced is to give your symptoms to a Homeopathic Doctor and he uses a Materia Medica to select the best most similar remedy -- there are about 30 available. Each has to be examined along with your symptoms---

It is difficult online to suggest the remedy a person should take for a problem with just a few symptoms!!!

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-16-2004 at 09:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 12:30 PM   #18
(female)

Juby HB User
Question Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

Thank you for all the information. I'm working my way through individual Homeopathic remedies now, and have found some to help but not completely. I keep using the ones that I think are helping a little, and add another one. It's a long process but will be worth it if I find the right combination. That is interesting about the fungi. Are there any Homeopathic remedies especially for fungi?

Old 05-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Oobagah,
I have severe PND (post nasal drip). I have gone every route you can think of except seeing an ENT. I noticed the homoepathic remedies at our store and noticed they are very inexpensive also. Right now I am clearing my throat like every minute and like one poster said "I hock up phlegm like an old woman". It is SO annoying!! I have asthma now which I think is caused by years of this stuff dripping down into my lungs! What confuses me is I can take something like Benedryl or Claritin to dry me up, but I still have a drip. I often wonder if I don't have some deformity back in my throat or upper palat.I don't get sick like I used to because I take so many vitamins and supplements, but I still have that DRIP!!! I might try to Neti Pot. I haven't really looked at it closely. Do you have to lay down and let the water pour into your nose? UGGHH! I will try anything, though. Also, I have heard that Olive Leaf Extract is good for fungi and also grapeseed extract. But don't take just one all the time, alternate them for best results. Best luck to you!
Cindy

Old 05-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #20
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I use a saline flush, and it works great! I first started by using a waterpik with warm salt water. Now I just make a warm salt water mix in a glass and use a plastic bulb (like the kind for rinsing out your ear). This helps because it kills the bacteria/fungus in your sinus cavities. My ENT had me start doing it after surgery for sinus polyps.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:23 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

That sounds great for sinus congestion (stuffiness) but will it work for postnasal drip too? I never have a stuffy nose; it all drains down my throat.

Last edited by Howitt44; 05-19-2004 at 09:23 PM.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:46 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Howitt,
It can work but I hate to do it cause it feels like some Chinese torture?? Salt as you may know has been used for ages to kill germs and bacteria in curing meat but I don't know about fungus.

You have 5 sinus cavities -- the 2 Frontal sinus cavities --1 above each eye, -- 2 Maxillary sinus cavities-- 1 below each eye/cheek bone and the Ethmoid sinus located across the bridge of your nose that drain the each Frontal cavity. Any one that is draining can drain down the back of your throat.
It is difficult to get a salt water spray in all these cavities (some pretty large) but you can lay down with your head tilted back and fill all the cavities with a warm salt water solution. There are several things you have to be careful about. The salt water will feel like your nose is on fire so use a small amount of salt-- less than 1/8 teaspoon per glass of water. And, it can get in your eyes, and throat and it burns and can feel like you're chocking -- so be careful.

I really don't like to do it!!!

Last edited by Harry; 05-22-2004 at 06:36 AM.

Old 05-23-2004, 02:18 AM   #23
Inactive

david23m HB User

Has anyone ever used tea tree oil?

Old 06-03-2004, 04:25 AM   #24

Daniel Rea HB User

I have a current sinus problem - I feel like my head is about to explode !!
Just before i looked up this thread I tried a oxygen oil based gel that you rub into your hands and cup your nose and mouth and breath it in a few times. It says it can get rid fungal type cells. It cleared my nose untill all the gunk from everywhere else came back into it. I will keep you posted on how it is going after a few more applications.

Old 07-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #25

eynow HB User
Thumbs up Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

I use Puralin. I have been very pleased with how quickly it works. I regularly use zyrtec but sometimes that doesn't help (especially during spring & fall) so I use the puralin to help out. Puralin gets rid of congestion and gets my sinuses clear. Best of all, you take it when you need it. You don't have to worry about how long it's been since the last time you took it.

Heads up - I saw in some other posts that echinacea was mentioned. Echinacea is not recommended for people who are allergic to ragweed. I believe that echinacea & ragweed are from the same family if I recall the reason correctly.

Puralin is available by ordering via internet or I get it at Walmart.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:38 PM   #26

ozland2004 HB User

Stinging Nettle Tea!!!!!!!!

Works for my husband and I greatly!!!

Old 08-27-2004, 09:02 PM   #27

alan001 HB User

hi everybody..i'm new at this...i think i have a common problem like u'rs
ever since i started working at a factoy some 2 years ago where there is a lot of dust...after a while...i began to secrete white viscous mucous at the back of my throat which i end up spitting...i went to the doctor and i've been told that it's coming down from my face and accumulating at my throat....i think that i have the same case as "OOBAGAH"..i've tried flexonasal as an allergy medicine....that didn't work...i don't know how to stop it..i've stopped work for a while to see if it goes away...but it didn't...if anyone can give some advice on how to to get rid of it..i would appreciate it a lot

thanks

Old 08-27-2004, 09:23 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Breathe Easy tea works good for me! Sometimes nothing works though...ugh.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:35 AM   #29
(female)

Juby HB User

I still haven't found anything that works for me but I am willing to keep trying any suggestions.

Old 08-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Take a tiny bit of Cayene, mix it with apple juice, lemonade, etc...that'll clear your sinuses out...and the rest of your body, too. :P Drink plenty of water--thin out your mucus!

Closed Thread