It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

Juby HB User
Question Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

Does anyone know a homeopathic medicine that might work for a constant allergy induced sinus problem? I have a thick white mucus that drains down the back of my throat. Please don't tell me to see a doctor. I have seen dozens of them and had two sinus surgeries that didn't help a bit. Also took all of the allergy tests to find out that I am allergic to everything from dust, to oak trees, to cats and much more. I even gave myself shots for over a year. I'm mainly interested in the Homeopathic right now but I'm not going to a Homeopathic doctor. I would like to try some of their remedies though.

Old 02-14-2004, 09:10 AM   #2

dagmarharris HB User
Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

I am curious what people suggest to you about homeopatic, as I would be open to this as well... I have just what you do. But my mucous is clear. It is so annoying. I spit up like an old woman.
Well, also wonder if you get the dizziness I do, sometimes?
Hope to hear back from you,
~dagmar

Last edited by moderator4; 05-16-2004 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Quote not needed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2004, 07:18 AM   #3
(female)

Juby HB User

dagmar,

I haven't gotten any suggestions on this board but I decided to check out the vitminshoppe where I order vitamin. They have some homeopathic remedies for allergies that I am going to try. I've learned from a lot of past experiences that is all we do anyhow, try the different medicines that are prescribed for us. None of these are expensive and with most homeopathic medicines they are so reduced that they usually have no side effects. I will let you know if I find something that helps. I said in my original post that my mucus is thick and white, but most of the time I have the clear too. This does cause me to have headaches and dizziness sometimes. I spit up as well and have a hacking cough. Ugh. I think there has to be something out there to help this. All the doctors ever say is allergies but as I said before I have done everything they have to offer and I'm still hacking and coughing.

Last edited by moderator4; 05-16-2004 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Repeating previous message(Quote) not needed.

Old 02-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #4

dagmarharris HB User

I am curious to hear what you find out. I don't have the coughing as that ended in January. But I do have the plem spit up!!!
~dagmar

Last edited by moderator4; 05-16-2004 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Repeat of message not needed.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:52 PM   #5
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User

I am using saline spray. It helps some. I find it hard to breathe sometimes because the drainage blocks the hole between my mouth and nose. Once it drains, I can breathe.

Old 02-17-2004, 04:39 AM   #6
Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

Have you tried quercitin & bromelain combination? These are two bioflavinoids that help stop the histamine response. Another suggestion would be NAC (300 mg sustained released would probably work better). These are not homeopathic but are quite reliable. M

Old 02-17-2004, 07:30 PM   #7

Chrislynn HB User
Post Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

Oobagah,

Please keep us posted if you find an herbal remedy that works on your sinus problems. I have been battling allergies for a long time and was just diagnosed last week with chronic sinusitis. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and prednisone- yikes! I refused the prednisone and have not even filled my prescription for the antibiotic yet.

I have been posting on the "allergies" board but those people seem to really be into the antibiotics and steriods. I have not been on a full course of antibiotics since 1994 and I certainly do NOT want to put steroids into my body!

I have tried some herbal remedies but nothing has worked. I am very interested in seeing a homeopath but my insurance does not cover that and I cannot afford to pay "out of pocket" for it right now. I really do not want to try any homeopathic medicines before consulting with a homeopathic doctor.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:06 AM   #8
(female)

Juby HB User

Chrislynn,

I will let you know if I feel that anything is helping me. I don't mind trying the homeopathic remedies since they are over the counter and very cheap. I feel that we are only trying all the medicines that we take, even from the doctors, and most of them haven't worked for me. The antibiotics are only a very short term fix, if at all, and I won't take steroids. The homeopathic remedies are not suppose to have the side effects like drugs do. There are several that fit my symptoms but I am going to try them one at a time and see if I find one that works. The one I have ordered now was only about $5.00 for 60 tablets. If I do find one that works, I will let you know. I didn't have luck with the herbs either, which I tried without going to a herbalist doctor. I have spent a fortune on my sinus problems and now am trying the 'physician heal thy self' way! Wish me luck.

Last edited by moderator4; 05-16-2004 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Repeat message not needed.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:37 PM   #9

Palinia HB User

I euse ELDEYBERRY for my sinus .

Old 02-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
(female)

Juby HB User

Thanks for the suggestions. I will probably try all of them in time. I only like to try one thing at a time so I can tell weather or not it's working. Right now it seems like I am having good results from a homeopathic medicine called Allergy Sinus by NatraBio and it was only about $5.00. Haven't been taking it but for a couple of days, so time will tell. No side effects what so ever and that is a first for me. I am real sensitive to almost all medications. What I'm happy about for now is that the drainage has really slowed down.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:15 PM   #11

angelflies HB User

Hello I dont know if anyone is reading this post still or not but here it goes. I work at The Vitamin Shoppe and today a cutomer came in asking about ear candles? Well I had no clue but found out where to find them . They say it is to help clear the fulids out of your ears. Well I have had a sinus infect since Oct and no matter how many drugs I have been given from Dr. does not work. Another cutomer told me about something to help .I know it sounds gross but get a neti pot and use a homemade saline to flush out the nose. It feels wierd I did it tonight. I was able to breath. I figure if I do this for a few days I will feel better. Look up Neti Pot on the web to find out what I am talking about. Yes when you look at the site you will say I will not do that but OMG it felt good after. And I tried the ear candle dont know how it worked yet but will know soon I HOPE!!! I have used the hmoepathic remadies didnt work for me. so I hope this does something. The reason I brought up the ear candles is cuz with my sinus infection it caused fluids in my ears. Look all this up you will be amazed at what you read.

Old 05-02-2004, 05:57 AM   #12
(female)

Juby HB User
Thumbs up Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

Thanks Angelflies, I use the saline flush too and it does work.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:22 PM   #13
(female)

jake1369 HB User
Smile Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

Why don't you give echinacea a try? I was having terrible sinus pain and pressure, and was very miserable from January this year!!! I've been taking Nature's Bounty Echinacea for two weeks now, and I feel absolutely wonderful, I haven't had a headache and it feels great!! I'm even starting to exercise again, which I used to do but haven't done for about two years, fighting these sinus infections off and on. I've been taking two tablets three times a day (400mg) and now I find that I can just take two a day, and still feel wonderful!!!! Give it a try, it's not expensive and it might just give your immune system the boost it needs!!

I was awful dizzy, brain fog, tired, bad headaches, and miserable to the max!!!, I didn't want to be bothered by anyone, not even my husband and son, now I go outside and play basketball with him and take him to the playground, something I haven't wanted to do for the past year, just wanted to stay in bed all day and be miserable!!! It's a great feeling, I made up my mind I was going to beat this without drugs, that made me feel even worse, so I did some research and decided to try herbs, and well I feel almost 100% better!!!! I'm going to continue for the eight weeks, and then give them a break.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:47 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

That's great that echinacea has worked so well for you! My family takes it whenever we start feeling a cold or virus coming on. It has worked very well for us. I never thought to use it for sinus and allergies though. I might give it a try!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:32 PM   #15
(female)

Juby HB User
Question Re: Homeopathic medicine for sinus problems

From what I've been reading there is a lot of controversy over echinacea. Can you tell me which brands you use? Thank you.

Closed Thread