It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
sinuses popping

Hi,
I have had sinus pain and pressure for over a month now(mainly in my forehead). I am on my 4th round of antibiotics for sinusitis.
Anway, today the pressure is very severe on the sides of my nose/under my eyes and I keep feeling a popping sensation coming from behind my nose and eyes. It's definatly not coming from my ears. I thought it was a little strange to have popping sounds that feel like they're coming from the sinuses. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User
Re: sinuses popping

Yes, I have the same thing.

It happens when there are pressure changes within the sinus cavities. When mucus either enters or leaves a cavity, you get a "popping" sensation. My ears have always popped a lot, even when I was a kid.

4 rounds of antibiotics! Good grief! I'm going to post a protocol for dealing with sinusitis, check it out -it might help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggins1066
Yes, I have the same thing.

It happens when there are pressure changes within the sinus cavities. When mucus either enters or leaves a cavity, you get a "popping" sensation. My ears have always popped a lot, even when I was a kid.

4 rounds of antibiotics! Good grief! I'm going to post a protocol for dealing with sinusitis, check it out -it might help.

I know exactly how that feels, it has been happeing a lot since I had my surgery last week. I get a lot of popping in my ears and sinus's. When I lay down they pop a lot cause I know the stuff is rolling back into my head, it is weird!

Oh, by the way, my dizziness is getting better. My sinus's are starting to clear more since my surgery and now the dizziness is getting less and less everyday. It feels nice!

Halls

Old 02-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Hilery -
I get that when I lie down or roll over after lying in one position too long. I think it's "normal" when you have clogged sinuses.

Halls -
I'm so glad your surgery worked. I might have to go that route in the near future. Was there much pain? Were you knocked out? (I've never had surgery before.)

Old 02-15-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

I had my tonsils out under local. They gave me a narcotic that made me feel "out of it." I slept through most of the surgery.

If I have to have surgery again, that's the route I would take. The recoverty time is a lot shorter under local. I'm not sure if it is an option for nasal surgery, but I would look into it. The tonsilectomy was like having a tooth pulled -no big deal.

Old 02-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #6

Jeny206 HB User

Ive also had this popping in my sinuses and i usually experience a good amount of pain with it too. I can feel/hear? the popping and like a second or two later my whole head is throbbing. This only lasts about 5 seconds but its a long 5 seconds to me at least. i dont know if anyone else had experienced the pain too, but i thought id share my experiences

Old 02-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Thanks for the replys.

Jeny, Yes I have the pain and throbbing along with this, too. It can be very painful at times.
Hilery

Old 02-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilery79
Thanks for the replys.

Jeny, Yes I have the pain and throbbing along with this, too. It can be very painful at times.
Hilery

My surgery didn't hurt at all. I was out the whole time. It was weird cause I remember the second they knocked me out till the second I woke up. It was weird. Of course you feel a little crappy after you wake up, but that is mostly from the anesthesia. As soon as my surgery was over I went back to my room where I slept for another hour and a half. Went home and slept for 2 more hours and than I got up and ate I was so humgry,LOL! This surgery takes longer than I thought for healing. My ENT says it may take up to 6 weeks to completely heal. The good thing is I'm starting to feel better and if you feel better than it is worth it.

Sinus surgery really helps people and can prevent future sinus infections. My dad hasn't had one in a long time since his surgery over 10 years ago. Of course, he irrigates his sinus's all the time. that is the key to healthy sinus's, cleaning them out. I failed in doing that and that is why i had Chronic sinusitis. Now, I will change!

So, if you think you need the surgery look into, it is worth it.

Halls

Old 02-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

I met with my ENT today, and he showed me that my septum is badly deviated. Combine this with allergies, and you can see the source of all the problems.

Surgery would correct the septum deviation, and clear out the sinuses, but it sounds pretty major. If standard sinus surgery takes 6 weeks to recover, I can only imagine how long this would take.

I'm confident that if I can make it through the winter without another major blowup, I can get the sinus problems pretty much under control.

Old 02-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggins1066
I met with my ENT today, and he showed me that my septum is badly deviated. Combine this with allergies, and you can see the source of all the problems.

Surgery would correct the septum deviation, and clear out the sinuses, but it sounds pretty major. If standard sinus surgery takes 6 weeks to recover, I can only imagine how long this would take.

I'm confident that if I can make it through the winter without another major blowup, I can get the sinus problems pretty much under control.

I know a guy who had a deviated septum and had the surgery. It wasn't that bad and he healed ok. He had packing for about a week after the surgery then had it removed, he said that was the worst part of it. Maybe you should ask around about it before you decide not to do it cause I'm sure it will help you, but I understand if you don't want to for now.

Halls

Closed Thread