It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #1

brownjt1 HB User
Nausea related to allergies, sinus problems, post-nasal drip, ETD???? Help!!!?

Can anyone relate to this chain of events...?

My first 30 or so years of life I suffered from all sorts of allergy problems... sneezing, itching, sinus infections, ear infections, coughing, etc.

Then about 3 years ago I had surgery to fix my deviated septum and unblock one of my frontal sinuses. I also started using Nasonex. This fixed about 85% of my problems, or so I thought.

Then about a year ago I started feeling nauseated almost all the time (24/7 with a few good days here and there). I have a little post-nasal drip (not bad, but I'm frequently clearing my throat) but otherwise no sinus infections.

The nausea is not terribly bad, but it's horrible to have it day after day, almost constantly all day long. I've been to all sorts of doctors who really have no idea why I'm nauseated. They've pretty much ruled out GI issues (and everything else for that matter).

The only other thing I've had is some occasional mild "brain fog", off-balance feelings which don't correspond to the nausea at all.

Can anyone relate to this low-grade nauseated feeling that I have all day long for weeks in a row? Could it be related to my previous allergy problems (if so, why didn't it start years ago when I was really bad off with the allergies??)

Any help is appreciated! Thx

Last edited by brownjt1; 03-19-2004 at 04:34 PM.

Old 03-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
Inactive

anoldone HB User
Re: Nausea related to allergies, sinus problems, post-nasal drip, ETD???? Help!!!?

Brian,
Do you breathe thru your mouth when you sleep and/or during normal daily activities? You may be hyperventilating i don't mean the exaggerated out of breath pass out on the floor thing. This is chronic overbreathing that can cause the problems you describe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjt1
Can anyone relate to this chain of events...?

My first 30 or so years of life I suffered from all sorts of allergy problems... sneezing, itching, sinus infections, ear infections, coughing, etc.

Then about 3 years ago I had surgery to fix my deviated septum and unblock one of my frontal sinuses. I also started using Nasonex. This fixed about 85% of my problems, or so I thought.

Then about a year ago I started feeling nauseated almost all the time (24/7 with a few good days here and there). I have a little post-nasal drip (not bad, but I'm frequently clearing my throat) but otherwise no sinus infections.

The nausea is not terribly bad, but it's horrible to have it day after day, almost constantly all day long. I've been to all sorts of doctors who really have no idea why I'm nauseated. They've pretty much ruled out GI issues (and everything else for that matter).

The only other thing I've had is some occasional mild "brain fog", off-balance feelings which don't correspond to the nausea at all.

Can anyone relate to this low-grade nauseated feeling that I have all day long for weeks in a row? Could it be related to my previous allergy problems (if so, why didn't it start years ago when I was really bad off with the allergies??)

Any help is appreciated! Thx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #3

lcinok HB User
Smile Re: Nausea related to allergies, sinus problems, post-nasal drip, ETD???? Help!!!?

Hi, I felt so compelled to answer this post that I just signed up as a new subscriber!
I too, have the nausea problem and I do believe it's related to allergies. I really feel there is a pattern to this weird feeling and certain times of year. I get the off balanced, dizzy feeling, too. I get seasonal allergies in the fall, but don't seem to get the nausea or dizzy feeling then. I only seem to feel bad in the Spring. I've always wondered if anyone else out there feels like this due to allergies and now I know. I could be wrong and it could be something else altogether, but I think it's happened enough allergy seasons to finally make sense. It's a horrible feeling to have day in and day out for sometimes weeks. I tell my family it feels almost like a mild hangover. I hate it and it's happening now, so I can really relate. Hope this helps to hear you're not alone. I take flonase seasonally--had the odd sensation(dizziness and nausea) with or without Flonase. Well, good luck to you!

Old 04-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #4

Polecat HB User
Re: Nausea related to allergies, sinus problems, post-nasal drip, ETD???? Help!!!?

Most of these types of ailments can be treated with natural remedies. I would urge all of you to look up "natural remedies" on the internet and then type in your aliment. I will give you an example - I had a bad reoccuring throat infection that was diagnosed as C. Albicans years ago from my old Dr. (he retired in 2000 at age 80), my new Dr. was always giving me anitbiotics which did nothing, in fact, anitbiotics are bad for your body! Anyway, I tried Colloidal Silver, a natural liquid I bought from a local Vitamin Shop, I mixed 1/2 oz of C. Silver with a 1/2 of water and gargled with it 4 times over the course of 2 days, my throat infection was gone. I was also feeling very run down and tired, general malaise, and I bought some liquid minerals, that I take only once a day, and I feel ten times better. Medicine should be the last resort, in the United States we run to the Dr. for medicine right away because that's what we know, it's all a big business. Listen, I have nothing against the entire world of medicine, I am not some disgruntled person trying to get back at anyone or anything, I just know from experience. Try it you have nothing to lose. PC.

Old 04-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Post-nasal drip causes nausea. I've actually thrown up form it a couple of times. Treating the PND should get rid of the nausea.

Last edited by Crossbow; 04-02-2004 at 10:08 AM.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Post nasal drip can cause nausea but you may also check into an Eye Dr. your sight could be causing the problem. If your back or neck is out of place, that too can cause you to be nauseated. Try and get rid of the Post nasal drip, then start to seek out the other things that could be the cause. Good Luck!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Closed Thread