It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Lightbulb Sensitive teeth from sinuses?

Hi all,
I wrote a post a few days ago, about my upper teeth (on the right side) being very sensitive to hot and cold, for the past couple of weeks. My sister said that she heard it could have something to do with your sinuses--has anybody else heard this? I do have bad allergies right now, and I have had a bit of a sinus headache off and on for the past couple weeks. Does anybody think this could be the problem? Has anybody had this problem before? If so, how long does it usually last? Until the sinuses clear up? Sorry for so many questions--I'm really anxious to get an answer to this. Thanks for reading! Any replies will be appreciated.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:53 AM   #2

ljason HB User
Re: Sensitive teeth from sinuses?

Last year, My husband thought he had a tooth ache and called the dentist and they told him to go see his family dr. first and sure enough it was his sinuses? He had to take claritan and antibiotics before it went away.. It made the top teeth on one side hurt really bad and his jaw.. I hope this helps..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Lee&Jason,
That does help! It sounds like what I've been experiencing. I talked to my mom about it today and she said that your sinuses definitely can play a role in sensitive teeth. I'm so glad to hear that! I was worried that it might be a cavity or something. My allergies are pretty bad at this time of year, so I'm almost sure that's what it is.
Thanks for the help!

Old 05-20-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
(female)

shakin HB User

Certainly could be sinus trouble, I get this when i have a cold or hayfever, terrible toothache in all teeth on one side, the next day its in the other side, goes away when cold/hayfever subsides.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

But it could actually be the opposite. Your teeth could be giving you sinus problems. Works both ways. Bacteria and problems in the mouth-gums-teeth can cause all sorts of health problems, sinus trouble being one of many.

Old 05-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #6

larkj HB User

Yes, it can definitely go both ways. That's part of how I ended up with the recent wisdom tooth extraction I underwent. For a long time it was thought the pain was tied up with my sinuses, because I have allergies. But subsequent x-rays after the sinuses cleared showed the impacted teeth. One of them shortly thereafter began to ulcerate, so it was a clearer diagnosis. Then one of the theories for why the extraction pain has been worse than expected following surgery was that the extraction could have spread bacteria back to the sinuses, but I was treated with seven days of antibiotics that they think would have solved that problem if it was an infection. Either way, you should be evaluated by a doc. They can do sinus/tooth x-rays that will show up if you're having sinus problems or an infection in the teeth (well, sometimes the tooth infection shows up, sometimes not) that might have come from that or vice versa. They might not know which came first, the chicken or the egg if it's both, but an x-ray should show if you're having significant sinus infection. Take care of that, then go from there if you still have tooth pain.

Closed Thread