It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #1

Kean HB User
Sinus/earache/crackling headache

Hi,
for 5 months, i have been getting bad headaches between my eyes and at the top of my forehead, a crackling sensation from the area behind my nose and everytime i swallow my ears crack...not really pop but crack. I am getting quite a few sore throats as well. Ive been to docs who says my ear drums are red so probably have fluid behind them and have been referred to ENT (3 month wait woo hoooo). Im just a bit worried cos if it was sinusitis surely i would have runny nose or post natal drip? its been completely dry no mucus at all, just a crackling/feeling of pressure and bad headache between eyes and sometimes in both temples. Ive also started seeing floaters can these be related? im a bit worried it might be vasculitis or something horrible like that.

Has anyone else had these symptoms/ got any answers?

thanks guys

kean

Old 07-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
Veteran

reader1 HB User
Re: Sinus/earache/crackling headache

You don't have to have a runny nose or PND to have a sinus infection. That said, if you have all those symptoms and a sore throat, you may very well have a sinus infection. Not necessarily, but I have had those same symptoms with sinus infections. Is there another ENT your doc can refer you to without a 3 month wait? Did your doc suggest flonase or rhinocort (inhaled corticosteroids common in the treatment of sinusitis)? Any history of allergy? Did your doc try you on a course of antibiotics at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Inactive

fuelie_9 HB User

i have got headaches and the crackling when i swallow

i have no idea what it means

but if you fond out anything it would be interesting to know

Old 07-12-2004, 05:07 AM   #4

Kean HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader1
You don't have to have a runny nose or PND to have a sinus infection. That said, if you have all those symptoms and a sore throat, you may very well have a sinus infection. Not necessarily, but I have had those same symptoms with sinus infections. Is there another ENT your doc can refer you to without a 3 month wait? Did your doc suggest flonase or rhinocort (inhaled corticosteroids common in the treatment of sinusitis)? Any history of allergy? Did your doc try you on a course of antibiotics at all?
yeah first GP put me on Amoxycillin, did nothing, then next GP said try 3 weeks of sudafed (cos thats first thing ENT will do). No joy. I just think its a bit weird i got no mucas at all. Its a pretty horrible feeling sometimes, proper head ache and feeling of pressure in head.i can make the crackle happen by moving jaw too. Oddness.

thanks guys.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Hey there, have you been checked for TMJ? I have the exact same symptoms you have and was diagnosed about a month ago. Check out the boards for that. Good luck to you.

Old 07-14-2004, 05:24 AM   #6

Kean HB User

whats TMJ?

thanks babe.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

TMJ stands for Temporomandibular Joint. It's the actual name of the joint that connects your jaw to your ear. When it's not aligned properly it causes horrible pain around your ears, jaw, temples, forehead, behind the eyes, neck, and shoulders. Some people have few of these symptoms, others and can have them all. The disorder can be caused from a trauma or blow, such as whiplash from a car accident or sometimes there is no physical cause. Some people experience a popping or crackling noise when they open their mouth or when they chew food. It's pretty odd, but maybe you could check it out on the Web or the other board. Couldn't hurt! Wish you the best.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 AM   #8

Kean HB User

[QUOTE=LauraLu]QUOTE]

could this give you crackling in the sinus area and pain around the eyes?

im going to check it out i think....thanks for your help laura!

Closed Thread