It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Does sinus "Pressure" mean infection?

I have allergies and asthma. I noticed that I have sinus pressure but I don't think I have a sinus infection. Is it possible to have the pressure without the infection? Also, does anyone know if the "pressure" can cause an off balance feeling? Thanks to all!!!

Old 08-14-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User
Re: Does sinus "Pressure" mean infection?

I'm going through the same thing. I have sinus pressure, especially between the eyes and around the nose (rhinitis). I also get lightheaded and off balance.

I went to see my ENT, and he did an endoscopy. He didn't see any infection at all, and when I irrigate, I don't see any gunk coming out of the nose.

I had a CT Scan done last week just to be sure. I'll get my results Monday.

Question: do you also have the "allergic shiners" or puffy eyes?

I've found that Chlor-Tremeton works well to control the dizziness/lightheadedness and pressure. It's the ONLY allergy drug that does anything for me. Other people on this board swear by it. It can make you drowsy though. Alleve works well to control sinus headaches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

My eyes? Hmmm....I don't think so, but I have had pressure in my ear and my sinuses above my eyebrow when it's touched. I am so tired of this light headed feeling! I can't function too well through out my day. Right now, I just felt pressure in my left ear and I have been to an ENT and everything was fine. My Chiropractor pops my ear by pulling on my ear lobes and says that I should feel some drainage but, I really don't at least no more than usual. I do feel drainage down my throat, but my throat is not sore. I am congested in my throat at times through out the day. I don't know what this is!!

Old 08-16-2004, 02:33 AM   #4
Inactive

brimormsbp HB User

usually chronic sinusitis is not caused by infection

feeling off-balance is due to problems in the inner ear

Old 08-16-2004, 05:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimormsbp
usually chronic sinusitis is not caused by infection

feeling off-balance is due to problems in the inner ear

I dissagree. I have chronic sinusitis and had a sinus infection. The off balance feeling I had was not from the inner ear - It was from the sinus infection. I also did not have the typical signs of a sinus infection, and it was only discovered by having a CAT scan.
An off balance/dizzyness feeling can be caused by sinusitis.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:54 AM   #6
Inactive

brimormsbp HB User

note I said usually

chronis sinusitis responds as well as to decongestants as to antibiotics

Old 08-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

No, just because you feel pressure in your sinuses, it doesn't mean you have an infection. It just means they are full of snot. Drink more liquids to thin out the mucos, if you like Tea, drink some Breathe Easy tea. Also, try some Sudafed. But yeah, if the snot is green or something, that would make me think it was an infection. But, since you just feel presure, I would say they are just full of snot.

Closed Thread