It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

Rafael02 HB User
Sore throat,earache,sinus pressure,sneezing....Allergies??

Hi, I have been suffering for the past 2 months with what I am told have been allergies....I have a sore throat that refuses to go away, sneezing, earaches, occasional sinus pressure, constant stuffy nose in one side of nose (that alternates) and constant throat clearing.....Does anyone else have these problems with allergies....The sore throats not real bad but just enough to be annoying that little thingy that hangs down in the back of your throat has been constantly swollen resulting in a lump in the throat feeling...I have been on Claritin, Nasacort, Aciphex,Biaxin(antibiotic for sinus infection) liquid Benadryl, peroxide/water gargle and other things but they really don't seem to work well for me ...Can someone else that suffers from similar problems please suggest something?Also could the cause of this be that I still continue to live in the basement with the a/c vent above my bed and 2 pets in the house...along with possible mold/dust mites? When you have allergies do you need to get away from the problem or by staying there do I just keep re-exposing myself?Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!!!By the way...cough drops do help some but I don't want to be on them forever....

Last edited by Rafael02; 09-02-2004 at 05:27 AM.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Sore throat,earache,sinus pressure,sneezing....Allergies??

Yeah, sounds like allergies, as long as your doc has ruled out sinus infection...for my sore throat, and congestion, I find drinking a lot of liquids helps...thins out the snot, soothes the throat. Also, hot tea is great...hot showers are good, too! Yeah, I myself have gone threw a ton of cough drops in the past few days...:P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

Rafael02 HB User

Thanks for the insight! However I also wanted to know if prolonged(1 month or more) sore throats are common for allergy sufferers....Also like I stated in my message I wanted to know if you keep staying in the enviornment that is causing the allergic reaction...ex: basement with possible mold,dust mites,a/c vent directly above your bed,etc...will the symptoms continue as you keep 'reinfecting' yourself? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...I have been suffering way too long in my opinion...Also I just moved out of the basement last night and am now staying in a relatively mold-free,pet-free enviornment...How soon should I see some improvement in my condition??Also I got back on the nasalcort and also am taking tavis-d per pharmacist that suggested this may help...I have noticed an improvement just in one night..Also my uvula(thingy that hangs down in the back of throat) continues to be swollen...lump in throat feeling...should this go away with continued use of my medication on a daily basis??

Old 09-03-2004, 07:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

yes, I get sore throats as well. The antihistamines you are on coul dbe causing dryness in the throat. PND can also cause problems.

Try irrigation, it helps. Also gargle with warm salt water and see if that does anything.

I also get the lump in the throat feeling. I think it is from being totally dried out.

See your ENT and have him perform an endoscopy to make sure no infection is present. he may want to do a CT Scan as well -this will show him the structure of your nose and sinuses.

Closed Thread