It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 07:08 AM   #1
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User
Really BAD sinus pain

For the past 2 days i've been having horrible sinus pain. I've taken Sudafed Severe Congestion, my Flonase like usual, and changed my antihistamine to Benadryl(has a much stronger effect than my usual Clarinex- I still believe Benadryl is the best antihistamine out there=) ). I still have the sinus pain & pressure. Just pain & swelling, no drainage. What else is there for sinus pain & pressure? I am kind of scared of the whole irrigation thing lol. It sounds pretty scary to me! Any ideas?

Old 09-03-2004, 07:39 AM   #2

kajeemgr HB User
Smile Re: Really BAD sinus pain

Im right there with you! I cannot get any relief from the pain and pressure.
I use the flonase daily, like always and have been using Alavert for the past two days. I thought I was better when I woke up this morning, but within a few hours, the pain and pressure are back. Plus my eyeballs hurt so bad. They feel like they are swollen and heavy, but when I look in the mirror, they dont look so bad. It's mainly the all over pressure and pain that is getting to me. It is making me sick to my stomach and a little shaky. I also take allergy shots, just started about 2 weeks ago. Ragweed is very high right now. Im sick of staying in the house. I agree with you on the Benydryl, but the only problem with me taking it is I cannot wake up for like 2 days and with 4 children, I can't have that.
Hope we both get some relief or ideas soon!

Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Really BAD sinus pain

Hot showers work sometimes. Cayene mixed with some v8 juice or something well work, too! Drink lots of fluids to thin out your snot.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

The pressure and pain is due to soft tissue inflammation within the sinuses. it could also be an active infection.

I've been able to control it pretty well through irrigation twice a day. Chlor-Tremiton also helps. Hot showers and heat packs also work.

It might just be awful allergies, but go to your ENT anyway, and have him perform an endoscopy. That will show any infection or inflammation.

he might put you on a nasal steroid. I wouldn't bother, they don't do anything -at least for me. Irrigation and antihistamines are the way to go!

Old 09-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
Veteran

reader1 HB User

Irrigation helps. I up my dosage of inhaled steroids...my doc said I can take Rhinocort up to 3 squirts per nostril twice a day if I'm in crisis. He said not to do that with Flonase, that's why I"m on Rhinocort. I also take this great drug called Rescon MX...it has a little antihistamine, a lot of sudafed, and a drying agent to help with the mucus. Very effective at unclogging things.

Closed Thread