It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Inactive

littlegreek25 HB User
Question Fluid in ear, sinus problems, how do I get rid of it?

Hi everyone. From before I had TMJ, I remember mentioning to my doctor that my ears popped every time I swallowed. She looked in my ear and said there were a few drops of fluid in there, but not too much. She gave me an allergy shot and said it should help. I went back a few months later and said that the popping was still there. This time she said there wasn't any fluid in my ears anymore and said there wasn't anything else she could do. Now here I am, with constant jaw pain. It seems like my sinuses are always clogged up, no matter what I do. I've tried prescription allergy meds, over the counter ones, nothing seems to help. It makes me wonder if my sinuses are contributing to my TMJ pain. Today I took a Zantac, which helps my nose, but my ears are still popping. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to unclog ears?

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #2

peanutgal HB User
Lightbulb Re: Fluid in ear, sinus problems, how do I get rid of it?

Hi Amy! You and I are in the same boat. My TMJ seems to be affecting my ears more than anything else. I have an appt. next week with an ENT. I am hoping he can tell me if my jaw is applying pressure to my inner ears or my inner ears are applying pressure to my jaw. I will post an update to my visit and maybe what I learn can help you as well.

Remember... most important with TMJ is posture. Sit up straight - now I guess we see in hindsight why parents made that such an important rule. Make sure your chin is back and your neck is straight. Wear sunglasses so you don't squint - that really stresses the jaw. Do your best to sleep on your back more than any other position. If you drink coffee/tea in the mornings, I find it helpful to place the hot cup alongside my jaw when I am not drinking it. That way I can start of the day with a more relaxed muscle.

Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
Inactive

littlegreek25 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Fluid in ear, sinus problems, how do I get rid of it?

Hi peanutgal (cute name)
That would be great if you would let me know what your ENT doctor says. I will definately take your advice about sitting up straight. I am the queen of slouching. You would think I'd stand up straight, seeing as how I'm only 5'2, but oh well. Sometimes in the morning I hold my Diet Coke up to my jaw and that helps a little, although the people at work look at me like I'm crazy. Most of the time I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open too, lol. I sleep on my back most of the time, because if I don't my pain is worse the next day. Before I had TMJ, I would sleep on my side, so I'm still getting used to sleeping on my back. I don't sleep as well now that I'm on my back, but oh well. Anything to make my pain a little less. Thanks for your help and good luck at the doctor. I hope to hear from you soon.

Amy

Old 11-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #4

peanutgal HB User
Re: Fluid in ear, sinus problems, how do I get rid of it?

Hey littlegreek ~ well, had ENT appt. today. Results not what I expected. It sort of coincided with the miriad of other symptoms I have been having and wasn't a pleasant diagnosis. Not up to discussing it just yet but just didn't want you to think I forgot aboutcha. ((hugs))
Peanut

Old 11-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
Inactive

littlegreek25 HB User
Re: Fluid in ear, sinus problems, how do I get rid of it?

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. If you decide you want to talk about, I'll be here. If not, I understand. Just know that I'll be thinking about you.
(((((((HUGS))))))).

Amy

Closed Thread