It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
(male)

2talll HB User
Wake up every morning with sinus headaches- suggestions?

FOr the past couple weeks I've been waking up every morning with really bad sinus headaches. Some are waking up around 3 or 4 in the morning and it's taking hours to fall back asleep and that pretty much kills my entire day because I'm too tired to function properly.

Nothing seems to help. Air purifier does nothing, neither did the humidifier or a dehumidifier. Using the saline spray before going to bed doesn't help either. Only thing that has been helping at all is taking sinus night-time meds which wear off by 4- or 5 and then I can't fall back asleep.

ANy suggestions? Last time this happened my ear nose and throat dr said he could find nothing wrong so he didn't give me anything for it. I'm going to check when I get my allergy shot on Tuesday if she can give me any ideas.

One thing I read somewhere but haven't tried yet is raising the head or lowering the foot of the bed. Since the headaches only start at night, would this help at all? I'm thinking that maybe the pressure in my head would be a little less if there was less blood (and whatever else is in my sinuses) going up into my head. Should I try it, or is it just waste of time crawling around under the bed and unscrewing/drilling new holes?

Thanks

Old 10-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
(female)

linedoz HB User
Wink Re: Wake up every morning with sinus headaches- suggestions?

I had sinus headaches during the night I would wake me up with very bad headaches. I saw a dentist and he took print of my mouth. He did a mouthpiece. He said my jaw was the problem and also I was clenching my teeth. Since I have this mouthpiece I do have anymore headaches during the night.

I hope can help you,

Best regards,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
(male)

2talll HB User
Re: Wake up every morning with sinus headaches- suggestions?

One of my earlier doctors for my migraines thought this might be the problem, so we looked into it and it's not part of the problem when I sleep. When I get stressed out I clench my teeth during the day which cause minor migraines, but at night I breathe through my mouth so my dentist says that there's no chance that I clench my teeth at night.

Old 10-24-2004, 09:54 PM   #4

wickett HB User

I have the same problem, been having daily headaches for the past five years, you name it, I've tried it. CT scans, MRI's, x-rays - nothing ever shows up. Been on every sinus med (and spray) that man had created - now doc has me on a duo of Respar, one in AM one in PM, it has helped a lot. I have a headache every other day or so, but NOT nearly as bad. I find that by soaking my bed clothes, especially my pillow, in Febreeze Allergy, a couple of hours before bedtime, also helps, try that..

Best of luck to you

Old 10-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #5
(male)

2talll HB User

Well, lowering the foot of the bed has been great so far- knock on wood. I lowered it Satruday morning and the past two nights have been the best nights of sleep I can remember- didn't even wake up once last night until my alarm went off- and that has actually never happened before.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #6

Leanor HB User

I been through it all with the headaches you have described. FINALLY I discovered that it was due to being dehydrated. As long as I drink plenty of water (not soda or coffee) EVERY day the headaches stay away. Thank Goodness!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #7
(male)

2talll HB User

I ended up going to my general practicitioner and she instantly said it was a sinus infection- so sleeping on my side would build up all the pressure causing the headaches. She gave me an anti-boitic for it which worked for about a week but I have to call later to ask for another batch of meds because it's still there. It's amazing that my GP will see the infection, give me the anti-biotics and then give me another dose if I don't feel great- whereas my ENT doctor will say the headaches are something in my head and if I stop thinking about them they will go away.

I also have the Sudafed, Exedrin Sinus, etc that I'll take when I wake up with the headache but ideally I'd rather be able to sleep through the night and then wakeup without the headaches. Once I get up and get mocing around they go away anyway but the pain in the morning and waking up hours before I should just don't help me get through the day.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #8
(female)

junglegal HB User

I had the same type of symptoms, i thought it was sinus problems. It turned out to be LPR reflux.

Closed Thread