It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Inactive

kerry1 HB User
Smile How I got rid of sinus problems

I've seen SO many people complain about sinuses, ear problems, dizziness & so forth. I'd just like to let you know how I eliminated my sinus problems once and for all:

- Stopped drinking milk, AND soy milk. Both caused me serious stuffiness.
- Stopped drinking fruit juice, except very small amounts. It's chock-full of sugar and often molds, both of which can irritate your sinuses.
- I drink lots of water, filtered, room temp. Note: Cold, icy foods are NOT good for sinuses or digestion.
- I take Vit. C supplements. For some reason, these help a lot. Keep the infections down, I guess.
- I avoid alcohol. I also avoid soda pop, which is terrible for you anyway.
- I stay warm. I get called "hothouse orchid" but it keeps me from getting sick.
- If I get a mild sinus infection, I use natural treatments like echinacea/ goldenseal tincture, instead of some expensive, overkill pharmaceutical drug. Then I take acidophilus, because the tincture can cause yeast infections, just like any other antibiotic. But I can't remember the last time I got a sinus infection. Or had to irrigate my sinuses, for that matter.

That's what worked for me. All those antibiotics did NOT.

Last edited by kerry1; 12-09-2004 at 11:51 PM.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
(female)

Gab2000 HB User
Re: How I got rid of sinus problems

Well I'm already in that diet... candida diet...
What's echinacea/ goldenseal tincture? I have a nasal spray that has goldenseal and I didn't know it can cause fungus???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Inactive

kerry1 HB User
Re: How I got rid of sinus problems

It doesn't actually cause fungus. But goldenseal is a mild, natural antibiotic, and ALL antibiotics kill bacteria, including good bacteria - all those probiotics in your intestines like acidophilus. When the good bacteria die off, the yeast gets stronger and you can get yeast infections. That's why you've got to put the acidophilus back into your system after a course of antibiotics (natural or otherwise). A good doctor will remind you of this whenever he/she prescribes them for you!!

Echinacea is an immune system booster. It's often sold in a tincture w/ goldenseal, or by itself. I would never use goldenseal unless you think you have a bacterial infection and are prepared to use it the way you would an antibiotic - two to three times a day, 10 days to two weeks, then stop.

BTW, I find tinctures, though kinda nasty-tasting, are far more effective than capsules or powders. They go right into your bloodstream and act quickly.

Closed Thread