It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
(male)

steve_drake HB User
Stabbing pains on right side due to sinus headaches

Wanted to know if there are any other people that suffer from sinus headaches the same way my mother and I do. They can come with such force that they cause you to wince in pain. Touching even your hair in the same spot on the top right side of the head is excruciating.

I feel confident that they are sinus related due to the fact that they coincide with nasal congestion. Furthermore, when going to the emergency room on one occasion because I couldn't take the pain any longer, they x-rayed my head and could see a severe nasal infection of the right side. (As a side note, when they prescribed antibiotics, they also unfortunately prescribed a pain reliever with codeine in it to which I am very allergic. You can image the pressure created in one's head as you have to throw up.)

Anyone else plagued by sinus infections on top of your head, and can you suggest anything to prevent these?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
(female)

beckyf HB User
Re: Stabbing pains on right side due to sinus headaches

My 20 year old daughter has been fighting sinus infections for a long time. Probably for at least 8 years. She has had around 20 sinus surgeries and needs another one but says she'll never go through another one again. I feel so sorry for her but don't know what to do anymore. About a year ago they thought these headaches she has were turning into migraines but they gave her a couple different meds and neither of them worked. She uses Flonase every day and also does sinus irrigations everyday. She says they don't help much. She doesn't get the auru effects either. Has anyone got any advice on what has helped you in the past from sinus headaches?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
(female)

violaa HB User
Re: Stabbing pains on right side due to sinus headaches

i have been having the headache as with moving my hair it hurts bad my doc prescibed me fiorcet it works wonders

Closed Thread