It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User
Sinus pressure and dizziness

Has anyone experienced dizziness due to sinus problems. My doc said i'm so congtested in my nose that its causing pressure in my ears and thats whats causing the dizziness. Sound familiar??

Old 02-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User
Re: Sinus pressure and dizziness

I'm not sneezing or anything, just a lil stuffy, i think i've been worse before, but this is the first time i ever felt the ear pressure and dizziness. My mucous is clear, no coughing or anyother symptoms just occasional aches but not severe. could this be caused by a sinus infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Inactive

hoffta HB User

I always can tell when I am getting a sinus infection because of the pressure and dizziness. It is a real pain in the neck..

Good luck...

Old 02-02-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

I think the dizziness is sinus related for sure, but I don't think it always means there is pressure on the ear. I think sometimes pressure in your head can be off when you are so badly congested and stuffed up. Sometimes it traps the frontal sinus cavitites from releasing mucous and causes pressure to clog up and make you off balance. I have dizziness from a bad sinus infection and my ears are fine, however the frontal sinuses are blocked and cannot empty out. But, that doesn't mean your ears can't have pressure, it can be either I believe. Not fun either way as I have been dizzy for a year now and it only has gotten a bit better!

Halls

Old 02-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #5
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

Thanks for your replies. Hopefully I'm better by the time i finish my meds, or else i'm going back to the doctors. Do you think I should be prescribed an antibiotic. I took Zithromax towards the beginning of the month because the doctor said I had a possible bacterial infection but it was only a 3 day course. I dont' run a fever just a few aches and pains, nothing to serious. Its just the stuffiness and the dizziness that is really getting to me.

Old 02-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #6
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

Now as of today, i started to get these lil hives (i think) there really small though but they itch like hell. I've gotten a few on my arms and shoulder area. They kind of look like lil insect or flea bites, then later on my co-workers tell me my right cheek/jaw looks swollen. Could it be an allergic reaction to something that is causing all my problems?

Old 02-02-2005, 07:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Yes, you could be having an allergic reaction to something, just don't know what. Have you been using any different type of chemicals lately like perfume, soaps?

Halls

Old 02-03-2005, 08:31 AM   #8
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

Well for the past few months I started to stay in a room with 2 cats. i've had cats before but just never would be that close to me constantly in the same room. Now they're there with me in the same room, lay on my bed so forth. I was thinking that could finally be taking a toll on me as well. I can't wait to get out of there and see if things change.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Um yeah, being that close to cats is probably not wise. I was also going to say that if you are on antibiotics you could be allergic to them as they can cause hives/rash as well. Call your doctor if you have an concerns!

Halls

Old 02-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #10
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

Well just got back from my Dr. he said its not a sinus infection, no infection in the ears. he said i'm just badly congested and thats just taking a long time to drain. He gave me a decongestant and a Nasonex nasal spray as well as antibiotics caused i asked him for them. Well i guess time will heal.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

My allergies are bad right now and I'm sneezing and feeling off-balance. I get this every year and then it just goes away by itself. My skin is very dry and I itch from head to toe also. It's driving me nuts.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Yep, any allergies can cause inflamation of the sinuses which cause dizziness. Not sure why, but that is what happens. I have been on allergy shots for over 8 months now and my dizziness is finally getting a little better slowly. My ENT think that allergy immunization will slowly take the dizziness away. What I can't figure is why after so many years of bad allergies why did it take till now for these dizziness to start. Oh, well. All I can recommend for you is to get allergy testing and consider immunotherapy(allergy shots) for treatment. It isn't a quick fix, but it worth it in the end. Here i am almost a year into taking allergy shots and feeling better. Hang in there, hope the dizzy's go away.

Halls

Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #13
(female)

trucky HB User

i have severe dizziness this morning with eyebrow ridge pressure. When I lie down on my back i get dizzier and confused. i had a CT and bloodwork by an ENT and everything was normal except a small cyst in my left maxo sinus. i have some discharge but nothing major this week. PLEASE help me find something to take that doesn't have sudafed in it--I'm a teacher and can't stand up with these symptoms! T

Old 03-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

The dizziness is caused by sinus inflammation. What happens is the sinuses become so inflamed that the pressure in that area becomes different that the rest of your head, therefore knocking off your equilibrium. I have been like this for over a year. I think the pressure you feel in your eye brow area is from the frontal sinus. I'm guessing that the ethnoid area is keeping the air/pressure being able to release from the frontal sinus area. Those frontal sinuses are blocked from the ethnoid and passages. Some people ar so lucky and are not born with frontal sinuses, wish I was that lucky. My ENT will likely removes my frontal sinuses before May if I don't get better just to try and relieve the dizziness once and for all.

So, my advice to you is to get on a nasal steriod if your not already. irrigate your sinuses with saline. I know saline cannot reach your upper sinuses, but it will help. Get on a decongestant(not Sudafed) to help. Actually try Afrin a couple of times, but be careful in your use of that as it is very addicting! There are prescription decongestant that are good as well.

Hang in there, chances are it will go away in a few days. If not go see and ENT that understands a bit more about the dizziness!

Halls

Old 03-31-2005, 07:17 AM   #15
(female)

trucky HB User

Well, here I am, dizzy again--the allergy situation here in central Texas is over the top the last 2 weeks. I take saline spray, ibuprofen with sudafed, benadryl when I'm not working. When I breathe in thru my nose, I have waves of tingliness thru my nasal passages and immediate dizziness. All the sprays--steroids, saline, allergy--cause headache, stuffiness and dizziness. I saw my PCP yesterday and he said allergies, since all the other ENT tests were negative. I had a turbinectomy and a septoplasty 2 years ago, and it allowed me to smell and breathe. Which also opened up more space--which invites the airpressure/irritation/inflammation you talked about. Kinda stuck and I need something to help me FOCUS and move without this delayed sensory reaction.

Closed Thread