It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

kelv HB User
Question Is it really sinus infection?

I have been to 3 different doctors in the past 4 months, each say I have a sinus infection. They each have given me a full course of antibiotics, this is my 4th month still fighten this so called sinus infection. I have not slept a full night in 4 months beause of the cough, from drainage and the pain in my face, and ears. Any advise...Anyone?

Old 02-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #2
Inactive

kerry1 HB User
Re: Is it really sinus infection?

It probably is a sinus infection, but it's chronic, and they've been treating the symptoms, not the cause. Ahhh, the simple task of finding the cause.
What kind of food do you eat on a daily basis? I may be able to help you on this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

kelv HB User

I have changed my eating habits some. I've been eating fruits and veg's alot. I use to be a junk eater.

Old 02-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Do you eat a lot of citrus? Orange juice? Other fruit juices? Milk? Ice cream? Soy milk? Wheat or corn products? Lots of cold food? Ice water? Alcohol at all?

I ask this because all of the above can contribute to chronic sinus problems. The first things I would get rid of would be 1) cold food/drink and 2) milk. You may be amazed.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
(female)

kelv HB User

with my new healthy eating habits, I have totally changed to citrus, juices and fruits. All wheat or rye bread now. No white bread. No milk or ice cream. I do consume beer on the weekends.
I was looking up Chronic Sinus Infections on the web. Colliodal Silver kept coming up. for bacteria, or fugus sinus infections. Have you ever heard of this mineral being used.?
thank you, so much for your help

Old 02-17-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Citrus foods can cause stuffiness. So can fruit juices, in my experience, especially orange juice. Can you switch to expressed vegetable juice for a while? And raw fruit instead of fruit juice? Can you avoid citrus for a while? It might help. Do you drink lots of plain, room-temp water? Do you avoid cold or iced foods and drinks?

Colloidal silver is a good anti-bacterial/fungal but if you take too much of it it can turn your skin blue permanently. Look up "argyria". This is very rare, but I use c. silver very sparingly - it's soothing for burned or infected skin, and it will probably help a sinus infection too, but I wouldn't take it on a long-term basis for fear of turning blue and also because it acts like an antibiotic, which is NOT good to take every day!

That's why I suggested eliminating the foods from your diet. If these sinus infections keep coming back, there's something in your sinuses that's inviting to infection. If a food is causing chronic congestion, that is weakening your resistance, and you need to get rid of that food!! At least until you're well.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 PM   #7
(female)

kelv HB User

thank you so much for all the advise you have given me. I'm going to give up the citrus for now, I drink alot of water but, It has to be really cold. I don't like water at room temp. I think I'm going to try the C. Silver for a few days. to see if it helps at all. I haven't had a voice in 3 1/2 months. today it finally is starting to come back some. My husband has give me 1 more week to improve. If I don't he's sending me to John Hopkins. He's putting his foot down, that doesn't happen very often. "he thinks he's tired of it... I'm at my whist end.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #8
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I didn't like water at room temp either but I got used to it. It's really much better for your sinuses and digestion - cold stuff really sends them into shock.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:08 AM   #9
(female)

kelv HB User

I bought the Colldial Silver. I used it last night 1st time. I woke up feeling 80% better.
I used it this morning. and again at lunch. This is the first time in 4 months.. I can breath and all the nasty drainage is gone. I'm going to use it 1 more full day. that is 3 doses per day. I can not believe the difference this has made. My respitory track even feels clearer.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
(female)

Lady_Bayou HB User

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by Lady_Bayou; 10-10-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Old 02-19-2005, 07:04 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

Get an MRI of your sinuses done. It is the gold standard to tell whether it is a sinus infection. Here, in OK one costs around $700 without insurance.

My best to you...........

Old 02-19-2005, 07:43 PM   #12
(female)

kelv HB User

Thanks Lady Bayou, I'm going to look for that fumigator a walmart tomorrow. I have tried the Musinex. It didn't really help me at all.
Thanks

Old 02-19-2005, 07:47 PM   #13
(female)

kelv HB User

I've had a CT scan of my sinus cavities. Didn't show anything. Just lack of air flow though the Max. Cavity. I've got great Insurance and have been to 3 differnet doctors.
I think I feel little better today, not coughing as much, and not so dizzy.
thanks

Old 02-19-2005, 08:06 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

I also wanted to share that I thought I had been coughing and choking on yellow mucus from my sinuses for years, but it turns out that it may be chronic bronchitis. The junk is coming up from my lungs.

Old 02-20-2005, 10:55 AM   #15
(female)

kelv HB User

September woman.. Do you take anything for this. I've been coughing crap up daily for months. From my sinuses. I've also been told I have asmtha, from this. any help for the cough?

Closed Thread