It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

deena1168 HB User
CT scan for sinus infection........

Good Morning Everyone.............I've been reading alot on here about having a CT scan for diagnoses of a sinus infection. Anyone having this done, I have a ?................what were your symptoms for having this test done?? I have alot of the same symptoms as alot of people on here, and im tired of going from Dr. to Dr. ...........and was wondering if maybe this could be my problem. Thank you......................Deena

Old 02-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Anastasia HB User
Re: CT scan for sinus infection........

hi deena

ya, i was given a CT for brain cancer and a sinus infection (my ENT talked my neurologist into getting the sinus thing done) it could be your problem but most likely not. what are your symptoms? sorry if youv'e posted them before. i think its standard for inner ear disorders to check into everyhting else first. it's hard to get a diognosis becasue doctors don't really know alot about it. it's easier sometimes to say what it's not than what it is. kinda crummy for us though. sorry about hte spelling mistakes i'm ion a hurry. post back soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

PJ59 HB User
Smile Re: CT scan for sinus infection........

Hi Deena,I just had a CT scan of my sinuses a couple days ago to check whether or not the antibiotic cured the chronic sinus infection from old head injury and think I am still having ear involvement.This scan was done without contrast dye. The head CT scan that I had 14 months ago involved contrast dye & showed I had a sinus infection even though no sign of infection has ever shown up on bloodwork. The reason I had it done was that I do not think my head infection is cleared up. Now I've had ear problems last several months and my dr refuses to give me another course of antibiotics without proof that there is an infection. I am still waiting impatiently for results. I have never been to ENT dr but my internist said if I continued to have problems,I would be referred.

Closed Thread