It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 02:20 AM   #1

KikiAziz HB User
Angry sinuses and nausea

Just wondering if anyone gets sinus headaches so bad they make them nauseous/throw up. Thought I was having sinus headaches but now I'm not sure. The headaches come out of nowhere and then within five or ten minutes I feel like I'm going to throw up. I've had sinus headaches and pressure since i can remember (the kind that feels like your head will explode) but the nausea is more recent. I can't do anything when I have these headaches, every movement I make makes me feel sick and it doesn't even help to lie down and sleep is out of the question. My question is does this sound like a sinus headache or some other kind of headache?

Old 04-19-2005, 07:22 AM   #2
(female)

PortiaJ HB User
Smile Re: sinuses and nausea

I thought I had sinus headaches for YEARS ......They were actually migraines . I'm on Imitrix now ...wow , wish I had known about this 20 years ago ! If they are sinus , it could be an infection , sometimes they drain into you stomach causing an upset stomach . My headaches were always on the same side of my head , by my eye ! My family Dr. gave me a trial pack of meds .....I take it as soon as I feel one coming on ...gone in 20 minutes . I've been where your'e at and I don't ever want to go back...Call your Dr. Good Luck !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 09:01 AM   #3
(female)

te34resa HB User
Re: sinuses and nausea

I had to check when I read your thread to make sure I hadn't written it!I agree with Portia to see your doctor. I'd been told for years that I had sinus headaches but thanks to great site like this I realized they didn't sound like sinus at all. My headaches lately are EXACTLY like yours, coming on suddenly with nausea, can't bear to move my eyes, can't eat, can't sleep. I've just been to the doctors and she's trying me on migraine medication. She says if that has no effect they could be tension headaches instead. So far I haven't needed one. Make sure you're not fobbed off as sometimes if you mention sinus they just tell you to inhale steam and so on and don't look any deeper. Good luck, I hope you find some rekief, I know how awful this is.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #4
(female)

katie865 HB User

Hi!! I have been a sufferer of sinus headaches for 8 years now. I will get a sinus headache with nausea at times, and without nausea at times, it is very unpredictable for me. I know that doesnt help much, but that is what I experience. Also, if i end up having a headache that lasts a long time, an upset stomach is usually sure to follow. You may be getting an upset stomach from the meds you are taking to stop the headache, ever think about that?

Let me know!
Katie

Last edited by katie865; 04-20-2005 at 01:56 AM.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #5

KikiAziz HB User

Thank you PortiaJ and te34resa!!!

Quote:
If they are sinus , it could be an infection , sometimes they drain into you stomach causing an upset stomach .
I've had this happen before but my nose hasn't been running at all - unless maybe it's draining into my stomach instead of going where it's supposed to go?

Quote:
My headaches were always on the same side of my head , by my eye !
Me too! I get them behind one or both eyes or sometimes (this probably sounds stupid) it feels like my brain will literally slide out my forehead everytime I move my head forward.

As for the Imitrex -- do you notice that it upsets your stomach?

Quote:
I've just been to the doctors and she's trying me on migraine medication. She says if that has no effect they could be tension headaches instead.
I was wondering if they were some sort of tension headaches. At first I didn't think they were migraines because I don't have auras, etc. Actually I never was a headache person - so I don't really know the difference between different headache symptoms.

Thanks again you guys! I hope the medications help you two! Good luck!

Old 04-20-2005, 02:07 AM   #6

KikiAziz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie865
Hi!! I have been a sufferer of sinus headaches for 8 years now. I will get a sinus headache with nausea at times, and without nausea at times, it is very unpredictable for me. I know that doesnt help much, but that is what I experience. Also, if i end up having a headache that lasts a long time, an upset stomach is usually sure to follow. You may be getting an upset stomach from the meds you are taking to stop the headache, ever think about that?

Let me know!
Katie
Thanks, Katie!
Actually, good or bad, I try not to take anything for my headaches and unfortunately I get nauseous before I give in and finally take something. But definitely things like Aleve and Motrin make me sick to my stomach and I'm actually not even supposed to take them except very sparingly. Usually I try a decongestant or some Tylenol Sinus and haven't noticed they bother my stomach.

I was thinking though - you said you get an upset stomach after having a headache that lasts a long time - maybe it's because you're stressed out from having the headache and that's what makes you sick to your stomach? Sometimes the stress of having one ache or pain triggers something else.

Closed Thread