It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Anyone here have Food allergies that cause sinus symptoms?

I just met with the nurse practiciner of my ENT practice, and expressed my frustration that I have had 2 sinus infections since January, despite the fact that I'm on shots( for 3 years now), medicine, and have done tons of enviornmental controls. I also told her I was very suprised because my symptoms have been rather mild compared to allergy seasons past. The infection seemed to come out of nowhere. So she sent me to the lab to have a Food RAST panel done. I don't have any digestive issues, except for occasional indigestion. Does anyone here have food allergies that cause their sinus problems?

Last edited by sneezydiva; 04-21-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Anyone here have Food allergies that cause sinus symptoms?

My cousin is allergic to corn and it brings on sinus problems just like grass or flowers, etc. And corn products are in a lot of prepared foods!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
(female)

morninglorylf HB User

I have never been tested for food allergies but I need to be. I know I'm allergic (not lactose intolerant) to milk. I love milk but rarely drink it because it makes my sinus drainage so bad I almost choke. I only drink milk when my sinuses are not already being a bit bothersome. I've heard before that milk has something in it that makes your body produce more mucus but I've only heard it once and never again so I don't know if it's true or not. (Note: I have no problems with milk as far as my stomach is concerned.)

There's also something else that I eat that I know I am allergic to but haven't quite pinned down what it is. A lot of times when I get through eating I start coughing cause my sinuses start draining. This happens a lot and I'm still not sure what it is.....

-morninglory-

Old 04-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Now that I think of it, I'm suspecting that if anything turns up positive, it will be soy. Right before I got the infection I sampled a soy drink at the grocery store. I also got a sudden pimple explosion on my face, right before I got sick. Hmmm

Old 04-22-2005, 04:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezydiva
Now that I think of it, I'm suspecting that if anything turns up positive, it will be soy. Right before I got the infection I sampled a soy drink at the grocery store. I also got a sudden pimple explosion on my face, right before I got sick. Hmmm
You also want to look at food additives. It might not be the soy drink, but the other chemicals that were included in the soy drink.

I used to have very bad sinuses. I took allergy shots, acupuncture and I am on a controlled diet in which I stay away from many food items. Although it's a major pain in my derriere, it's kind to my sinuses.

Closed Thread