It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #1

ssublime1 HB User
Sinus Always Blocked

Almost every morning when I wake up one or both of my nasal pathways are completely blocked. I also am very tired most of the day. There's alot of mucus in my throat and usually pressure in my ears on most days. Every time the doctor says there's nothing wrong with the ears, but they hurt some days and almost always pop when I swallow. My vision is also kind of wierd when I first wake up, sometimes persisting for an hour or so. I'm sure alot of people have the same thing, what is yours caused by and how do you deal with it? Looking forward to hearing your stories!

Old 05-02-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Sinus Always Blocked

I do sometimes! You don't say for how many morning/days you've felt like this, but if it's been longer than 10-14 days, you might want to let your doctor know. It sounds lie a sinus infeciton to me. Have you been taing anything? Sudafed? Tyenol Allergy/Sinus? Any medication whatsoever to help with your symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tooanxious HB User

That sound like me. It intereferes with my sleep too. I really makes me mad becuase I cant sleep as long as I used to. I wish I new what to tell you. I am taking Rhinocort which helps a little. I just started it so it might take a while to reach its full potential. I also tried Astelin but it was giving me really wierd side effects (drowsy all the time). I hope my Rhino spray starts to work.

Old 05-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
(male)

lhacker HB User

I found my sinus/congestion problems were chemical sensativities. I won't go into everything I took out of the house, But one of the biggest changes I found was when my wife stopped using SNUGGLES fabric softner sheets in the dryer on the linens and pillow cases. It has been about a year since I had that 2 years of HELL - I feel and breathe great all of the time now. Good luck

Old 05-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

Hi 'ssublime1', I too have the symptoms like you do. My nose would be completely blocked and I can't breathe thru it and I feel really tired everyday. The mucus in my nose and throat makes things just worse... choking when I'm eating and before I can finish my food, I'm already so tired to eat anymore. And I also have the blocked ears though there's nothing wrong with my ears and I suppose it was caused by the mucus blocking the drainage and my nose... I also get bad sore throat from the PND on and off...

So I went for surgery for my severe nose block after medications failed to help me. So after having the surgery... I felt better as I can breathe better but it doesn't just ends there. My left nose is okay but the right isn't. So I am back on medications and it's back to square one... finding the medication that works best for me. Now, it's the allergies that are bothering me... some meds made my heart race so fast and I have to stop it, while others don't seem to help. Currently, I'm on levocertrizine, nasonex and singulair. This combination has benefit me and my symptoms are better than before!

I advise you to consult a ENT about your symptoms and see what's the cause for it. Whether is it sinus infection, allergy rhinitis... You can take OTC medications and if your symptoms still persist, go to a doctor. All the best!

Old 05-05-2005, 06:00 AM   #6

ssublime1 HB User

Thanks for the help everybody. I'll try changing launndry detergent and see if that does anything. One thing I noticed is I can tell when it's raining in the morning based on how well I can breathe. I think that's mold spore related.

Old 05-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #7
(female)

SADMUM HB User

Hi
I may be of some help, my son was 3 years old when he was constantly full of mucus in his nose, always coughing and had virtually a permenant ear infection. I discovered through an allergy clinic he was intolerant to cows milk and all cows products (dairy). I took him off all dairy for 2 months and after just a few days he progressivly got much better. I put him on goats milk and after a YEAR of hell he was completely cured within weeks. It was amazing. But to this day the doctors would not believe me. They say it is not an allergy as it is not an instant reaction !?! Anyway I hope it helps you.
Love Keren.

Closed Thread