It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User
Exclamation Who uses a waterpik for sinus irrigation?

I stumbled across a few posts where ppl have used waterpiks and loved em. well, i asked my pharmacist if it was ok, and he told me it was the craziest idea ever! he said you could damage something. well, why does my ENT use high pressured numbing spray up my nostrils? im sure he hasnt damaged anything. are there certain water piks designed for sinuses?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
(male)

ZRulz HB User
Re: Who uses a waterpik for sinus irrigation?

Do what you feel is right and learn on your own. Just make sure you do not get water in your eustachian tubes, which could cause a sinus infection as the 'Sinus Flooding' post warns us about.

Aren't you glad that you don't have to go to the pharmacist for diagnosis and treatment? I have a classmate that I graduated from high school with that is a pharmacist and fortunately she knows her stuff, but leaves medicine to the doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Crazy idea?? I think not. My ENT is one of the top surgeons in the area and he recommended the water pik for sinus irrigation for me. I've been using it over an year and it is fine, no problems. Works just like any other sinus irrigator.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

If you don't already own a water pik, you can buy the Grossan irrigator. It is a machine made specifically to irrigate the sinuses. You can find it on almost any allergy supply website. I have one and I love it.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User

Thanks, guys. I want one now. I will talk to my ENT though and see which he suggests; i heard the hyrdo pulse is very nice. thanks!!

Old 05-12-2005, 05:57 AM   #6
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User

U must be right! B/c the ENT always sprays your nostrils with that high powered numbing spary! They wouldnt use it if it was harmful. Geez, and they call themselves pharmacists.

Old 05-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
(male)

Waynoiam HB User

I use the Grossan nasal attachement on a daily basis. I bought the attachment online and just a waterpic from walmart. It has helped a lot. It has helped relieve some of that dang sinus pressure. Works great if you end up with an sinus infection also. It basically washes the thick yellow mucus right out of your nose!! haa My ENT highly recommends it and will not cause any damage.

Closed Thread