It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

tessa1960 HB User
Can allergies/sinuses make you feel this bad?

I have been fighting hay fever - swollen sinuses for a couple of years now. Sometimes I can go through the day just fine. Other days it hits me all of a sudden. I'll be outside & just like that my sinuses become instantly swollen! Sometimes they swell so much I get the brain fog and sometimes it affects my speech & thoughts (I describe it to my husband - feels like you probably would with a stroke?) I think what it does is that my sinuses swell so & it affects my ears????

I am taking Flonase & Sudafed. And have thought about Astelin?

Anyone else ever feel this bad at times? And what have you done? I hate it when it gets that bad. I feel terrible!

Old 05-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User
Re: Can allergies/sinuses make you feel this bad?

if i were you, i would have a CT of my sinuses

if they can't find anything, try using a Neti Pot to drain some of the pollutants in your sinuses.

I know how you feel though. Im suffering today. My eyes, nose, ears, skin and throat itches terrible. I have a RX of Allegra, but the only thing that seems to stop me from sneezing and everything all around is benedryl, which I can't take during the day because it makes me sleepy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1960
I have been fighting hay fever - swollen sinuses for a couple of years now. Sometimes I can go through the day just fine. Other days it hits me all of a sudden. I'll be outside & just like that my sinuses become instantly swollen! Sometimes they swell so much I get the brain fog and sometimes it affects my speech & thoughts (I describe it to my husband - feels like you probably would with a stroke?) I think what it does is that my sinuses swell so & it affects my ears????

I am taking Flonase & Sudafed. And have thought about Astelin?

Anyone else ever feel this bad at times? And what have you done? I hate it when it gets that bad. I feel terrible!
Yes, it can make you feel that bad! Sometimes I actually feel like I have been poisoned. I had such a bad attack this weekend, I had to go to the doctor to get a sinus cocktail (has steriods in it to shrink swelling in sinuses). Got a new inhaler for my nose and Allegra D. I am feeling much better today though. I could just walk outside and in a few minutes everything will be swollen up and I'd get that heavy headed feeling and dizzy too. I had fluid in my ears too, which causes the ear problems (swollen eustacian tubes). I feel for you!

Old 05-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

What inhaler did you get? Do you mean a true inhaler or a spray? I've been sooo upset since they took the Rhinocort inhaler off the market...it worked great for me.
The spray - bleh!

Old 05-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

I'd stop the Sudafed, it is nothing but crap!!!!!!!!!

The FLonase is good, but I'd also get on an antihistimine as well, like Zyrtec.

Also, if you are not irrigating your sinuses with saline, than I'd start. I have been irrigating for a long time now and it is wonderful and keep the sinuses cleared out of allergens and possible bacteria that can get in there.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

You need to add an antihistimine like Zyrtec. Personally, I love Sudaphed. But it is a decongestant only. If allergies are your problem, you need an antihistimine

Closed Thread