It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
(female)

mrs_peanut HB User
can allergies/sinus probs affect ONE eye like this?

I'm going to an opthamologist in a few days, but am getting kind of scared in the meantime because I'm not finding my exact symptoms described anywhere. Maybe that's good?

Basically, a few months ago I started noticing some slight strain/pressure and a darkish blob when I look to the side (toward my nose) with my left eye. I'm not sure if it's been my imagination or not, but it seems to worsen when I'm having allergy/sinus-type symptoms -- which for me are just slight drainage, sniffly-ness, sort of low-level and constant, but not what I'd considered bad enough to seek treatment for.

Over the months, eye blob has stayed the same, but recently has been accompanied on/off by a feeling like something's in my eye (around eyelid) and in corner of my eye, in addition to sensitivity to light. Also, I'm having pain in the bridge of my nose, which sometimes seems focused in the area between nose and blob-eye. Under blob-eye, I'm also having some very slight numbness in my cheek -- which I've felt before and associated as a sinus thing.

Can allergies / sinus sensitivity affect just one eye like this? I'm assuming if I had something worse going on (i.e. brain tumor) I'd have headaches and other symptoms. Of course, I am going to get this checked out, but in the meantime, any insights VERY much appreciated.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
(male)

Tranzwarp HB User
Cool Re: can allergies/sinus probs affect ONE eye like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_peanut
I'm going to an opthamologist in a few days, but am getting kind of scared in the meantime because I'm not finding my exact symptoms described anywhere. Maybe that's good?

Basically, a few months ago I started noticing some slight strain/pressure and a darkish blob when I look to the side (toward my nose) with my left eye. I'm not sure if it's been my imagination or not, but it seems to worsen when I'm having allergy/sinus-type symptoms -- which for me are just slight drainage, sniffly-ness, sort of low-level and constant, but not what I'd considered bad enough to seek treatment for.

Over the months, eye blob has stayed the same, but recently has been accompanied on/off by a feeling like something's in my eye (around eyelid) and in corner of my eye, in addition to sensitivity to light. Also, I'm having pain in the bridge of my nose, which sometimes seems focused in the area between nose and blob-eye. Under blob-eye, I'm also having some very slight numbness in my cheek -- which I've felt before and associated as a sinus thing.

Can allergies / sinus sensitivity affect just one eye like this? I'm assuming if I had something worse going on (i.e. brain tumor) I'd have headaches and other symptoms. Of course, I am going to get this checked out, but in the meantime, any insights VERY much appreciated.
I wonder if perhaps inflamation from your sinuses could be putting pressure on your eye...? They are in fairly close proximity. I get pressure/sensitivity in one eye at times, but haven't noticed the pressence of what you describe as a "blob". Not sure, but I wonder if a large nasal polyp could cause the symtpoms you are describing. Hopefully it's nothing more than unhappy sinuses, and will clear up. Please post what you find out from the doctor...when you go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User
Re: can allergies/sinus probs affect ONE eye like this?

I just got back from having a complete eye exam by an opthamologist. I have chronic dry eye and blepharitis, but it seems very interconnected to my sinuses. When the sinus pressure subsides, which is rarely these days, my vision problems subside as well. I'll be curious to see what your opthamologist says. I've never been to an ENT doctor. Have you?

Old 06-02-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: can allergies/sinus probs affect ONE eye like this?

I had a enlarged turbinate that put pressure on my eye. After sinus surgery the eye pressure resolved.

Closed Thread