It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
(male)

chickenx5 HB User
Whats a good sinus medication for these symptoms?

Sudafed doesn't really work for me. It takes weeks to make it feel better

I have a lot of pressure in my head. I can feel it a lot more right when i stand up i get a rush of pressure that is more towards my forehead but can be all around. And it hurts everytime i stand up. Doesn't hurt to bad though. i can feel the pressure right behind my head also, like a suction. And around my forehead it feels liek its right inside my head i can't tell if its in my skull or what. Feels liek its just within my skull though. Sometiems when its bad my eye movements are wierd because it feels liek my eyes are bulging a little( well not bulging but just a little wierd ). I have this everyday. Oh and sometimes i get a little sharp pain somehwere in the front of my head or temple area. Rare but i get them. I have OCD. Oh and i also get tingle feelings like when you get the chills on my legs face or arms, anywhere really.

Last edited by chickenx5; 07-28-2005 at 04:56 PM.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User
Re: Whats a good sinus medication for these symptoms?

usually when i get really bad sinus pain i take an antihistamine, an extra strength sudafed and a couple tylenol. i live where allergies are really bad and i get terrible headaches and dizziness.
goodluck and i hope this helps.
also i know when i worked at an internal medicine docs office they would give patients a suction ball and have them fill it with i think water and a little salt and have them sqeeze it in their noses to clean out their sinuses. i personally have never tried it but i have put saline drops and that helped some.
take care,
robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 06:37 AM   #3
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I don't know a good medicine - I avoid sinus meds if possible. Too many side effects without enough benefits, at least in my experience.

I ask everyone the same ol' question - WHAT DO YOU EAT?

- Do you eat dairy? Drink milk? You might try stopping for a while. Ice cream is the absolute WORST. I can manage cheese & yogurt OK, but never plain milk.
- Fruit juice? It can make you stuffy, esp. orange juice. Eat fresh fruit!
- Cold, icy foods & drinks? Try stopping those.
- Do you drink a lot of clear water? Drink at least 8 glasses a day.
- Rinsing your sinuses with mild salt water is a good idea.
- Soda pop? Forget it. Worst food in the entire world - for everybody.
- Wheat? Corn? Soy? A lot of people have allergies and don't know it. Even soy milk can make you stuffy.
- Sugary, sweet or refined foods? Best to cut down on those.
- Do you clean the house with organic cleaners? Do you wear a dust mask? It helps me. I often use plain dish soap instead of heavy de-greasers and chemicals.
- Vitamin supplements? Vitamin C is great for sinuses.

Even if you have allergies to environmental pollutants, cutting down on allergenic foods will HELP A LOT. I know from hard experience - I have done all of the above and it has helped enormously. I no longer use allergy meds or get ear infections or dizziness. I do get the occasional sneeze attack, and slight stuffiness once in a great while, but it's so mild I don't have to treat it.
Good luck....!!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

GNC carries a homeopathic called Allergy/sinus ...I get the same symtoms you get. I decided to give this a try. You make sure your mouth doesn't have any strong taste going on, you can have water though. Take one tablet, chew it to break it up, put that broken up tablet under your tounge and let dissovle. You do it every 1/2 hr. till symtoms are relieved. I was just getting ready to take my 4th one, and I realized that my head was totally cleared up! I couldn't believe it, and no side affects that most sinus/allergy will give you. From then on, anytime I thought something was even starting up, I'd take one, more if the symtoms didn't go away within that half hour. The amazing part is that I hardly even get the symtoms anymore, it's almost like it help keep it from coming back. It's pretty cheap to buy too, LOVE that. Diana

Old 07-29-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
(male)

chickenx5 HB User

Its just a Pain it feels liek my hea dis going to pop open and when i first stand up than its tottaly fine until i sit down and then stand up again

Old 07-30-2005, 04:49 AM   #6
(female)

Charlatan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenx5
Its just a Pain it feels liek my hea dis going to pop open and when i first stand up than its tottaly fine until i sit down and then stand up again
Are you sure this isn't just a head rush? Does it last just a few seconds, after first standing up? Does your head pound momentarily and maybe visual disturbances too? Does it still do it if you stand up slowly?

Old 07-30-2005, 05:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

Yeah, Sinus hurts when you stand, sit or laydown, I'm thinking it is not sinus's.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #8
(male)

chickenx5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan
Are you sure this isn't just a head rush? Does it last just a few seconds, after first standing up? Does your head pound momentarily and maybe visual disturbances too? Does it still do it if you stand up slowly?
Yes almost all of those you know how your eyes kind of do that little "star" thing. Well that happens rarely but sometimes along with all of those other ones that you mmentioned

Old 07-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
(male)

chickenx5 HB User

Well now im pretty sure its anxiety or what the doc said a growth spurt. He thinks its a grwoth spurt because i just basically grew a foot in the last 4 months ( no joke ). HE says my ehart grows slower so its not used to pumpign up so much blood. That or its anxiety because i have a ton of that and i also have OCD. Well im leavign for a campign trip in a few hours i wish i could stay and see what you guys post back. My moms gonna bring me to the Doc probly after the 6 day trip

Closed Thread