It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

Tloliver79 HB User
Question Lupus/Headaches/Opaque Maxillary Sinus

I have been diagnosed with lupus for about 5yrs now. For the past 3mos I have had incredible, undescribly headaches that are more painful and cause dizziness when I stand after sitting for awhile. So far the MRI tests have shown an opacified RT Maxillary sinus. Are there any conditions associated with opaque sinus and Lupus? or side effects? could the clogged sinus be causing the headaches. I have no symptoms of a sinus infection aside from the headache.

I have read the threads regarding the Daily Persistant Headache and some of the syptoms sound very familiar. I have tried more sleep, not wearing my contacts, more water in the diet, Vicodin (doesn't help just makes me dizzy), Imitrex (the max daily). Since this has began they have found all kinds of other health problems but have not prescribed something for the pain...Help I am miserable.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Lupus/Headaches/Opaque Maxillary Sinus

Hello. Have you been evaluated for antiphospholipid syndrome? If this is a new thought for you, there's a "sticky post" on it at the front of the Board here---it could convey a lot. Then you could post back PDQ, of course!

Bye for now, from Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 AM   #3

Sun_Shine HB User
Re: Lupus/Headaches/Opaque Maxillary Sinus

I've had terrible chronic sinus problems for years (10 years) - including 2 different sinius surgeries to help open up them up. (MRI's showed the sinuses themselves to be completely black which we could not clear up with mega anti-botics). But yes the headaches can be caused by the sinus issues. A good ear nose throat doctor can help get this portion cleared up - as years of being on antibotics only seems to make anto-immune diseases worse from my personal experience. Thus, it's better to get it fixed asap. As the longer you have a sinus infection the worse it is on your immune system & overall symptoms for lupus etc.,.

PS: The one things that's helped me to keep my sinuses clear from chronic infections is having my last ENT surgeon recommend irrigating them daily with a warm salt water solution using a water pik special attachment. It's been a God send. (You can find it by searching google for sinus irrigator tip).

Last edited by Sun_Shine; 09-09-2005 at 04:19 AM.

Closed Thread