It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
HORRIBLE Ear Pain after using sinus rinse HELP

hey guys I have horrible pain in ears/back of head/pressure in ears after using neilmed sinus rinse? what can this be, i wonder if water is stuck in my ears or if I have an ear infection?

Old 11-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: HORRIBLE Ear Pain after using sinus rinse HELP

I think it is a sign that you either have a sinus infection, or some type of sinus blockage. The water has added to the pressure and that is why you feel it in your ears. If you roll your head facing down, from one shoulder to another you should be able to get the water out and relieve the pressure. And see a doctor as soon as you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 02:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyVee
hey guys I have horrible pain in ears/back of head/pressure in ears after using neilmed sinus rinse? what can this be, i wonder if water is stuck in my ears or if I have an ear infection?
During your sinus rinse, you might have gotten some "sinus rinse" in your Eustachian tubes, which are located near the back of your throat, and lead right into your middle ear.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 11-20-2005, 04:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

I agree with beerzoids, if you swallow while flushing, its opens the passages of your eustachian tubes and can allow water in, it should pass soon.had that happen a few times.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh my yes that must be what happened, i also startd my antibiotics and the pain in my ear has improved, but right after doin the rine my ear hurts so much an I feel a pressure in the bac of my head, are there ear tubes back there too?

Old 11-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

also my left lymph node on the side where my ear hurts was so swollen and painful now its better after my 2nd day on the antibiotics. Thanks guys

Old 11-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
(female)

diva_dynamite HB User

I'm glad the antibiotics seem to be helping, but I thought I'd post a personal experience just in case it helps you or anyone else. I had my sinuses surgically cleaned out in October. I've been using the NeilMed bottle 2-3 times a day since, filled with an antibiotic solution. Right after the surgery, I had earaches (pressure in my ears). I used OTC ear wax removal drops, and found that I had more blockage than I thought. I think my blocked ears weren't noticeable to me because my sinuses were so bad. When the doctor cleaned my sinuses, it made the ear pressure more noticeable. Using the ear wax drops helped.

Closed Thread