It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
(male)

noptical HB User
Can Post Nasal Drip or Sinusitis cause...

white tongue? You know, that nasty white coated tongue that causes bad breath?

I hope I posted in the right section

Thanks

Old 11-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
(male)

Inferit HB User
Re: Can Post Nasal Drip or Sinusitis cause...

I currently have Sinusitis, I went to the Doctors on the 22nd and asked what I can do with my fuzzy white tongue. I was told to keep changing tooth brushes every 3 days use use mouth wash 2 times a day once in morning, once at night to help fight the germs. Anyways, hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Yes it can cause it. Im my case I caught Mono a few weeks after the infection had cleared up. I think mine was just a percussor to Mono though as I had tonsilitis too at the time.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
(male)

noptical HB User

It seems that I have chronic sinusitis and post nasal drip just doesnt go away. I hope this is the cause of the white tongue because it causing me terrible breath although my oral hygiene is perfect.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noptical
white tongue? You know, that nasty white coated tongue that causes bad breath?

I hope I posted in the right section

Thanks
White tongue is a yeast infection, normally caused by the use of antibiotics (have you used them recently?). You can also get/give this to your partner during close encounters.

1. stop eating anything with sugar in it for 2 weeks (because yeast eats sugar to live and you need to cut off its food supply)...that includes things like bread, potatoes, buns, cookies, cereals, milk, and soft drinks. Try to eat meats, vegetables, limited fruits (sugar), nuts, and eggs. If after 2 weeks you still have a white tongue, 2 more weeks of no sugar.

2. go to your local health food store and get some bacteria pills. Bacteria eats yeast so take the pills a few times a day about 1/2 hour after you eat. The bacteria pills will restore the normal bacteria in your stomach and intestines and will slowly eat the yeast. Take these for at least 2 weeks, preferably a month. It takes a while for this to work and if you stop early the problem will return when your immune system get down (like during a flu).

3. if you have a partner, they also need to take the bacteria pills because they can give the yeast back to you, reinfecting you all the time. They may show no symptoms at all because their bacteria levels are near normal, but in fact you can get it back from them until your system is normal and that might take a month or more. A woman can also get recurring yeast infections from their partner even without oral sex.

4. after a month, you still have a problem, then its time to go back to the doctor for a prescription for Nystatin pills (not the sugar filled liquid). Nystatin is an anti fungus medicine that works like an antibiotic but kills fungus. You might need to take this if your infection is not entirely yeast but a combination of fungus type organisms. It is sometimes very hard to elliminate a fungus infection without taking Nystatin, but it is worth trying first without taking drugs.

Last edited by orion; 11-25-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #6
(male)

noptical HB User

orion thanks for you very detailed reply

I'm not taking any antibiotics or any other medication whatsoever.
I've had this problem for a few years.

My tongue is kinda "furry" (hairy tongue?). I've read that using tongue scraper helps but it didnt really help me, so is there any cure for this?

Old 11-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noptical
orion thanks for you very detailed reply

I'm not taking any antibiotics or any other medication whatsoever.
I've had this problem for a few years.

My tongue is kinda "furry" (hairy tongue?). I've read that using tongue scraper helps but it didnt really help me, so is there any cure for this?

You can get yeast infections from partners so I would try the no sugar approach for a few weeks and see if that makes things better.

Closed Thread