It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 02:41 AM   #1

Respo Mycojackson HB User
Post Anyone hear of molar roots grown into sinus?

Has anyone has ever heard of tooth roots growing up into the sinus's? The old x-rays I looked at sort of looks like it might be grown up there, but not sure, "Root grown into sinus" is what the dentist says it is. Thats why he won't pull it, but he did refer me to a Maxiliio Facial surgeon. I don't trust him [my dentist]that much... he should have seen this on months ago when we did the "full exam"...Twice I've had a "full exam", and they just try to do normal dental proceedures.

The pain is sooo bad, and has been going on for more than a month and the wait for the Maxillio guy is another 6 weeks....
I had planned to have all my teeth removed anyhow - the remaining ones - but this emergency showed up too soon. I am getting dentures, finally. I've been pressing for them for four years, and getting teeth pulled on an emergency basis throughout. [6 so far].

Its a crazy pain, from the left temple thru the left eye and along the nose into the roof of the mouth. The tooth itself doesn't hurt that much. It is so cruel - it comes on when I lay down. I am doing this typing at 2 am after one hour sleep, for the 5th night in a row, I am taking Gabapentin, an epileptic drug. Ugly situation.

It sure would explain a lot, and I probably have a few others like that, some of which WERE extracted.

What are the health problems - other than terrible pain - that would arise from tooth roots growing into the sinus's? [how to spell sinusus?]. i wonder if this is common, and they don't say much.

Has anyone been to a Maxillio-Facial surgeon? Is their main task the removal of teeth, in preparation for dentures? [thats what I am getting done]. Or do they just fart around and try to save desperately bad teeth like the regular dentists?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2003, 08:06 AM   #2

sbloomer HB User
In response and oral-maxiofacial surgeon is the guy who extracts teeth. Most general dentist won't extract teeth just because let me give you an example: if you had a brain tumor would you want your general practioner operating on it or would you want the neurosurgeon? About the sinus....this is very common and its just the way the sinus and the root formed. Not a big deal about the sinus, its just the oral surgeon is more preparred for that because he sees it more often. Also if you are in that much pain I would call the OS and ask them if they have had any cancellations because you are in pain, if not call around to the other O.S. in the area.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #3

Lady Slipper HB User
I have had dentures since Nov.2002 and when they pulled the upper teeth they discovered the same thing you have. They pulled the teeth and sealed the area that opened into the sinus track. Two weeks on antiobitics and I was as good as new--well worth it--no more pain!!!

Old 08-31-2003, 08:52 PM   #4

kris36northerner HB User
hi everyone,

i was so glad to read this post and the replies that came with it. although i am very sorry to hear there are also others who are presently or have in the past dealt with the excruciating pain of this problem. i have a tooth that is bothering me where the root is grown into my sinus cavity as well. i am scheduled to get a root canal done on this tooth, followed by a crown. my question is this: if i get all of this done, will i still have terrible pain in my sinuses since the tooth root is still poking into the sinus cavity? i mean, im really hoping this root will magically make this friggin pain go away, this is terrible! please advise, thanks!

kris

Old 09-01-2003, 04:29 PM   #5

kris36northerner HB User
hi, i was wondering, how did they seal the area that opened into the sinus track? i had my back molar removed a few months ago because it was cracked in half and dentist informed me that root grew into sinus cavity and also showed me that the one next to it was the same way. now, the one next to it also has a small crack in it and giving me problems as well. im wondering if a root canal wont help with the pain completely, since it is grown into the sinus cavity....any thoughts on this?? thanks
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Slipper:
I have had dentures since Nov.2002 and when they pulled the upper teeth they discovered the same thing you have. They pulled the teeth and sealed the area that opened into the sinus track. Two weeks on antiobitics and I was as good as new--well worth it--no more pain!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 09:54 PM   #6
Inactive

ryanpaus HB User
Re: Anyone hear of molar roots grown into sinus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris36northerner
hi, i was wondering, how did they seal the area that opened into the sinus track? i had my back molar removed a few months ago because it was cracked in half and dentist informed me that root grew into sinus cavity and also showed me that the one next to it was the same way. now, the one next to it also has a small crack in it and giving me problems as well. im wondering if a root canal wont help with the pain completely, since it is grown into the sinus cavity....any thoughts on this?? thanks

If your tooth is growing into your sinus and you are having strange symptoms how is a root canal going to help. Your problem proably is caused by the root sticking into your sinus and not from the nerve being exposed inthe sinus. The cost and hassle of having your tooth removed would be much less than having a root canal. This is a commen problem(I have this problem as well) and you should deal with it properly.

Closed Thread