It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Sinus problems

I had my sinus' operated on six years ago (I had a terrible sinus infection for over a year before I had the operation) but now I am having trouble again. Wouldn't you think the operation would fix the problem for life? I am only mainly having problems when I lay down at night..that's when they get clogged. My surgeon told me the first time that he didn't fully correct my deviated septum and that really pisses me off. Why didn't he totally fix it the first time?

Has anyone had to have several sinus operations?

Is there any alternative? If the first surgery didnt really work then why should another? Natural remedies for sinus problems? I also have chronic fatigue syndrome and don't want to risk surgery unless necessary.

Do homeopathic nasal spray work/safe? I know the over the counter traditional nasal sprays make sinus problems worse, but they aren't homeopathic.

Last edited by Natalie00; 02-09-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2006, 03:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Re: Sinus problems

Hey Natalie,
Am sorry to hear your feeling miserable..everyone I personally know that has had Sinus Surgery has more problems after having it done..it is a very delicate Surgery that most times don't correct the problem..one of the Women I know has Headaches worse now than she did before..the only natural Remedy I can think of ATM is GSE(Grapefruit Seed Extract)by Nutribiotic.I paid $9.95 at my HFS..a 2 OZ bottle has 200 uses..I only wish you had known about this product before Surge or you may not of required it..you could also try warm non Iodized Salt Water..

Hope you feel better soon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Lotus-
The surgery actually worked great...up until about a year ago. For five years I had zero sinus problems and it was a miracle. But now, the problems are back again. Fortunately, the problem is not nearly as severe as before I had the surgery, but they still get clogged up at night, especially the left side where my deviated septum was not corrected enough. The right side is pretty much OK. Do you know anything about nasal irrigation? With water and salt? I read that people with chronic sinus infections should not irrigate, but the ENT doctor I went to years ago recommended them. There is a product called Neti Pot that is supposed to help with the irrigation. There are a lot of natural produts I found online but an suspicious if they will work. A year a half ago I got mono and now have CFS and have epstein barr virus and probably other infections (I am waiting for all my blood results to come back) so I am wondering if all the infections in my body are the reason my sinus' are starting to act up again.

Thanks for listening, and replying. Do you have problems with your sinus'?

Old 02-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Natalie00,
On this section of the board there may be other postings related to irrigation..What I do for sinus Headaches/problems is I like to do Saline irrigations.It involves a quart of Water,brought to a boil,with 1 teaspoon of salt added to it.After allowing it to cool,it goes in one Nostril and out the other.If one Nostril is more stuffed up than the other put the Saline in through the more stuffed up Nostril.If it can go in faster than it comes out,the excess will go down the back of the Throat.Leaning forward and tipping the head to one side allows the Saline to go the right way and it carries the excess Mucus out with it.There are a lot of different ways to do this.You can buy a a "neti pot",use a syringe(without the needle,of course)or a spoon.After you do this the Medications like Tiger Balm,placed on the Skin over the Sinuses,will be more effective.It takes a while to irrigate with a full quart of Water,especially when only gravity is pulling the Water along.It does not hurt as much as putting the Water through under pressure,as with a syringe.It is also more effective to use a larger volume of Water because a small volume is more likely to just get stuck up in your Sinuses without pulling anything out with it.There is a product called Xclear(pronounced Clear)nasal wash.It has Xylitol in it which kills Germs.That may be another product that would soothe your Sinuses..

Old 02-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I am tempted to buy the Neti pot. It comes in plastic and ceramic..I wonder which would be better. I am just afraid of doing anything do make my condition worse. I am worried I might use it wrong!! I have always read that people with chronic sinus infections should not irrigate. However, I question really I actually have chronic infections..they really only get clogged when I lay down. That does not sound like an infection, but a physical deformity in my sinus caviy. I take it you just use regular table salt. Would it work with just water and no salt?? So I basically would just lean my head to one side and sort of tuck my chin in, so it doesn't go down my throat?

I also have a feeling that my chronic epstein barr may be to blame. I read that sinus Problems are an immune reaction, like the immune system trying to suppress something.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Natalie00; 02-10-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Your welcome..Maybe you should talk with your Doctor..if you are afraid to irrigate then wait until you can discuss with him/her..personally I see nothing wrong in anyone with sinus problem irrigating because it would flush out the gunk and make them feel better but that is JMO..I use non iodized table Salt and Warm Water may not hurt it won't burn..I hope you feel better soon..

Closed Thread