It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
WHAT NEXT "SINUS"

hello everyone ive had severe sinus problems for over 17 years "bad"i have daily pressure headaches "all day" and everyday for years now, i stay fatigued, off balance, dizzy at times, just plain out of whack! ive tried every steroid spray on the market, all the allergy meds, tried allergy shots for several years which seemed to make me sicker?after about ohh 6 ct's and 2 mri's i was a great canidate for sinus surgery,my ent performed the surgery sept of 04,that was horrible!!! i am 10 times worse since. reoccuring infections that never end 2 months after the surgery i was on 2000mg of antibiotics a day for 2 months and out of work for 1 1/2 months.my nose never runs, seldom ever to blow it then out the blue when i can globs of brownish yellow mucus i mean alot,enough to scare you!! we have hepa filters in the house, ozone machines,no mold.this condition has led me to severe depression and anxiety which only makes matters worse. i am in plain misery!I even have a hydro pulse sinus flush machine that helps some.im pretty much in debt for a long time because of this.i even tried candida cures,i got to go back to the ent the end of the month to get checked again. i dont know what to try anymore.im sick of antibiotics!!i think my body has become resistant to the meds,colliodal silver helped alittle.anyone out the with similiar problems or any ideas that might help, ive tried alot over the the past years but not all im sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: WHAT NEXT "SINUS"

I'm so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Have you had a CT scan since your surgery? Perhaps you should see a different ENT and get a second opinion.

Surgery really helped me, but it wasn't a bed of roses either. For me it took surgery, shots, medicines, irrigations, HEPA air cleaners combined to get better. Have you tried all these things at the same time?

Old 02-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hello,actually i have had some cts since but only by the avg dr.,ill be sure to demand a fresh ct at this upcoming appointment.i beleive that theres a blockage somewhere,i get nothing when i flush just clear?it seems to come out when it wants and its aweful.did you get those,i call them tampons stuffed up your nose after surgery?i had those for a week and bled alot.i had a spur cut out,a deviated septum,and some other issues.my problems are on the same side as before surgery.i dont think ive ever got rid of the left side infection.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
(male)

osmonxp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper79
my ent performed the surgery sept of 04,that was horrible!!! i am 10 times worse since.
What kind of surgery did you get? Do you suffer from what they call "Empty Nose Syndrome" perhaps your doctor removed too much out of your turbinates.

Last edited by osmonxp; 02-15-2006 at 06:23 PM.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

I think you need to see another ENT. I've been dealing with everything you deal with but for 2 years now and hoping to get better. I have had 3 sinus surgeries though, with a bit of relief, but I still get constant sinus infections. Get in to another ENT, get a good CTscan and go from there!

Closed Thread