It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

lmb723 HB User
Sinus arrhythmia

I'm 17 years old and for the past month I have been experiencing chest pain. I went to the doctor a week ago and he told me it was costochondritis which is the inflammation of the ligaments/muscles between the sternum and rib cage because where he presses it hurts. Yesterday I went back for my follow up and he did an EKG and told me that everything came back normal except I had a slight Sinus arrhythmia. He told me not to worry about anything that my heart was in good shape and that I was healthy. He said you get it from too much caffine or anxiety and stress which right now I am dealing with a lot of different things (i.e. school, work, etc). Being the typical paranoid me, I asked him "Am i dying?" and he said "No! I could promise you that wouldn't happen." He gave me medicine to continue taking for aweek for my costocondritis. I am going back next week for my follow up. I'm just paranoid and was wondering if anyone has anything like this or could tell me anything about it. I am just so paranoid that my heart is going to stop. This probably adds to the problem. If anyone can tell me anything or has any comments I'd really appreciate. Other than him telling me that I feel fine! I'm just paranoid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: Sinus arrhythmia

Sinus arrhythmia is a normal heartbeat variation. It is not harmful nor dangerous and it is definitely not worth stressing over.

Last edited by Timber; 03-01-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
(female)

lmb723 HB User

thank you for answering. you calmed my nerves a little bit. thanks again.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
(male)

PittKicker38 HB User

Hey i have the same thing. Im 19 years old. It accually means you have a very healthy heart if you have sinus arythmia. Take in a deep breathe and u will notice your heart rate increase. when you exhale it pauses a little and slows down. Its a sign of a healthy heart

Old 03-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
(female)

lmb723 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittKicker38
Hey i have the same thing. Im 19 years old. It accually means you have a very healthy heart if you have sinus arythmia. Take in a deep breathe and u will notice your heart rate increase. when you exhale it pauses a little and slows down. Its a sign of a healthy heart

thanks so much for posting this...it takes away a lot of my stress!

Closed Thread