It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

lno HB User
Packed sinuses

I've been plagued with sinus "stuff" since last 10/05. In Dec.05, I had a CT of sinuses which showed packed sinuses all over the place, frontal, ethmoid, etc. I was placed on atibiotics and made appt. w/ENT. When I finally got in to the the ENT ( 1/06) I was somewhat better. He did another CT which he said, showed some residue from sinusitis. I had by this time been on 4 rounds of antibiotics. I have heart arrythmias and cannot take decongestants and am very sensitive to a lot of drugs. I cannot tolerate many antibiotics, the quinoline antibiotics, of which Avelox, is in the class works well, however, I cannot take it as I take a Quinine based drug. So...after the 1/06 visit to ENT, I was ok for about 1 month, then about 3 weeks ago out of the blue I became plugged in the sinuses around noon one day and have not been the same since. Once again I'm on my 3rd round of antibiotics. I did see another ENT Dr. 3 weeks ago in the same clinic as before. He informed me there was nothing he could do except surgery to open the airway!!!!! AND since I have this heart problem, he would not do the surgery as a nasal constrictor was necessary to constrict the blood vessels in the nose & I could not take this w/my heart problem. I have not had a history of sinusitis until this bout (after getting a flu shot last fall/winter) and feel the talk of surgery is drastic. His description of the surgery was enough to have me running out of the building. His recommendation was then to go to my Dr. take antibiotics, Rhinocort nose spray and that was it. Here I am now on Omnicef afeter being on Zithromycin last week and so stuffed up I can't breathe. The thing that really gets me is, people will say, "Oh do you have a cold?" I'm so sick and tired of explaining this. I sould like a nasal nut. I'm using the salt water rinse and Rhinocort and Astelin. Anyone have any ideas as to anyother "home remedy"? I'm at my wits end. I have made yet another appt. with an ENT in a different city. The first one I saw is no longer at the clinic, thus the reason for me seeing another one who talked of surgery. I personally think he told me that, so he would not have to deal w/me as they are now extremely busy with the added patients due to the leaving of the other ENT. Hope I made myself clear on the facts....I'm so disgusted, just need some advise and to know if anyone has this problem. One final point in closing....in the past I have blown my nose and it felt like my left cheek was going to burst, then a rumbling in my nose & I would blow the most awful stuff out looking like yellow rubber...it was in a glob. (so graphic) ugh. TNX for any replies. J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
(female)

lno HB User
Re: Packed sinuses

Hello 2catfans. Thanks so much for the info. I hope to try the Alkalol. I have not visited the WEB site as yet, however, will do so shortly. Was wondering if you can only order from this site? I'll find out when I read the info. TNX again for your suggestion. Have a great weekend. J

Closed Thread