It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

pokeymagee HB User
sinus infection won't go away!

Help please! I have had a sinus infection or problem since end of January, so about 4-5 months! I have been on 3 rounds of antibiotics, and 5 days of steriods with my last antibiotic. I feel much better when I am on them, but as soon as I go off, it's back! I have pain above my right eye, temple, and right in front of my right ear. It's not constant, it comes and goes. My nose is fine, except at night, when it switches being stuffed from left to right. I am getting soooo depressed because nothing is working.
I just started using a nasal spray once a day and it's my fifth day. I don't know if that will help or make it go away or what.
I am so scared I will have to have surgery!
Will a sinus infection ever go away on its own? I can't handle this.
I just want to feel normal again!
Please send advice/help.
Thanks.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User
Re: sinus infection won't go away!

Have you ever tried nasal irrigation?
some people swear by that....i've always been not desperate enough to try to do it fully although i did it minorly once....i found out that my deviated septum means the water only likes to flow one way.

I was doing research on the web about sinusitis and they claim it can be fungal...i didn't read further about it since i know mine isn't fungal, but a fungal one wouldn't get killed by antibiotics...

Apparently people can suffer frorm sinusitis chronically....This is probably the second time this year i've stuffed up to the point where i feel i could call it sinusits....but it's my own fault in a sense for not taking my allergy meds year round and not taking decongestants until i'm desperate and not doing any of the other things that make sinuses happy.

Anyway i'm sure you can find a lot better information on this topic by searching the message board histories etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
(male)

hp8 HB User
Re: sinus infection won't go away!

I've had congestion for just as long. My sinus X-Rays came back clear so the cold that caused my nasal passages to become inflamed did not resolve itself. My allergist tested for the standard allergens and negative. I used the steroid nasal sprays for 4 months now with minimal effect. If you have nasal drip, it will irritate your throat a lot. I think 5 days on the spray is not enough time for most people to notice any significant improvement. Keep using it for a while. Most sinus problems resolve themselves after a period of time. But for us unlucky ones, it becomes chronic and we need to seek further treatment.

Closed Thread