It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
Inactive

lindanm HB User
Sinus headaches really migraines???

I've read in a few places while trying to look for information on my sinuses an implication that my problem is not sinuses but migraines which can mimic the congested feeling and pain. And the only sinus headaches are caused by sinus infection and not the constant pressure and congestion I experience.

So I follow the links to the migraine information and I don't see anything that even remotely describes my symptoms. I don't have any of the typical migraine symptoms. I don't see auras, not sensitive to light or sound. none of that.

I have nearly constant congestion, frequent headaches behind the eyes, and only occasionally have actual pain in my face. It is constant, not seasonal, but affected by barometric pressure changes. I also have terrible problems with pressure and flying, Often sure my brain is going to explode out one ear during landing. And then often feel like I'm underwater for days afterward.

I also never get colds and flu, which I think is because nothing gets past my sinuses. I don't think I have been sick like that since Junior High going on thirty years ago.

So which is it? Sinus or migraine?

Last edited by lindanm; 06-24-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

itsallgood190 HB User
Re: Sinus headaches really migraines???

how long has it been? I feel the same way for a month now, except I see sparks. I also have pressure in my ears and my eyes don't feel comfortable when looking at stuff, I get pains too. My doc says it's a migrane AND sinus infection. Hit me up again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallgood190
how long has it been?
I've had this problem for decades.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
(male)

puckluvr HB User
Cool Re: Sinus headaches really migraines???

Sounds very much familiar and close to what I experience. I started a thread about pain around the eyes a few weks back. My pain is very sharp and not throbbing but extremely tender to touch though sometimes massaging the area makes it feel a bit better. Hav e had some luck with Imitrex , though I do not like to take them except when I get a bad one once a week or so.

What does work sometimes is if you are congested or plugged, open the nasal passages either with a saline solution in the nose or hot soup with cayenne pepper(eaten with a spoon of course) . Once open I put a dash of cayenne in water and put some in a dropper and apply a few drops into nose and breathe deeply. Burns a bit but it will lessen the pain dramatically for around 15 minutes or so. If you are not conjested just do the cayenne in the water thing.

There is actually a product on the market which i shall not name, unless asked to, which contains capsicum (a derivative of hot peppers) which is made to clear the sinuses and relieve headaches.

Last edited by puckluvr; 06-24-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
(female)

Zimm HB User
Wink Re: Sinus headaches really migraines???

Those are the same symptoms I have had for years. Several years ago I read an article about a survey that was done on the Barametric pressure on causing headaches,it was confirmed that it was a very important cause of "Sinus"headaches. I do know that when the air is very humid and a lot of rain the headaches are worse. We have been having that kind of weather a lot lately and it seems like I'm rarely without a very bad headache that nothing will help! I don't know if it's the headaches or the upset that comes with it but I also have problems with my stomach and intestines along with the headaches. Maybe when the weather turns warm and dry it'll be better.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #6
Inactive

lindanm HB User

But are they really migraines?

Closed Thread