It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
2 year sinus infection and counting

hello yep ive had a constant sinus infection for over 2 years, well since i had endoscopic sinus surgery in 04. i thought i stayed in pain before?? antibiotics dont work, augmetin 2000mg daily for a month didnt do a thing,z-packs,levaquin,bioxin "nothing!!!" i have tried allery shots, steam thearpy,steroid sprays,allergy meds ,bought a hydro pulse irrigator system which i use daily,home air purifiers..........i bought a new motorcycle in dec of 04 and was sicker everytime i rode it. ct's and mri's show no structural blockages but do show excessive mucus in the maxillarys.i feel aweful all the time, fatigued horrible pressure ect...my ent run out of ideas.i never am able to blow my nose, on the rare occasion i do its aweful!! gobs of red tinted green mucus, i mean alot!! when i flush i get nothing. any ideas

Old 07-16-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
Inactive

kevinnader HB User
Re: 2 year sinus infection and counting

go to an acupuncturist..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

are they able to help something of that nature,i think there is a dr that uses acupuncture in a town about 50 miles from me, i tried a chiropractor which helped me alot to start with, got it draining anyway. i went maybe 20 times it got rather $$$. ill look into this ladys fees. thanks !!!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

If you have been using steroid type nasal sprays, you may have a yeast infection in the sinus area.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Inactive

agentbad HB User

get a second and third opinion.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

This sounds more like severe allergies than an infection. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference. Though it is possible you have both. How long were you on the allergy shots? Did you get any relief from nasal sprays? Are you taking any antihistimines?

Old 07-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

i took the shots for about a year and a half, always took them on a friday,seemed to ruin my weekend as the strength increased,odd as it may seem? sprays never did help.im no on any meds at the moment,went to the doc yesterday for a check up, not my ent, he checked my sinus with his light and said no sign of infection, looks good?? last night in the bed got some musky drainage, flushed my sinus this morning with my hydro pulse,20 min later i blew my nose and more musky thick green mucus,i did find some mold in my house from a pipe leak??

Old 07-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

a year and a half is not long enough for the shots to work. It also sounds like they were too strong for you. When that happens, you need to inform the nurse/doctor and they can reduce the dose.

If you are allergic to mold, then the mold from a leaky pipe can definitely cause your symptoms.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

ive got to get some bleach and my sprayer and get rid of it,we moved into this house close to the time i had my surgery, i thought he may have removed too much silica if i spelled it correct,i had a bad time recovering from the surgery,lots of bleeding and infection.for some reason as stupid as it may sound i have had major depressive episodes that started right after the surgery or at least thats how i describe it?? i had a deviated septum,a huge bone spur, and small passages in both sides that he corrected he said on a 1-10 on difficulty for him it was a 8-9, i have never felt so bad in my life till after that surgery,everyday!!!i had a bike that i often rode alot before the surgery with no problems, after the surgery i bought myself a new ninja and found i was sick the day after riding it, something with the air going up my nose??i sold it.i have asked my ent why im so much worse after the surgery and he gives me "youve got sinus disease"i had infections before and could never breathe at night, but but.....i went to the er in may and the dr showed me my ct scan and both maxillarys were full of gunk nothing but dark where there should have been open pockets.im going to get rid of the mold tomorrow,i may take up the carpet in my room and see what beneath, i replased my living room floor last year and got freaked due to the mold around the a/c vents from the ducts sweating

Old 07-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
(female)

Sandy Beach HB User

You may not have a sinus infection at all. Do you have coughing, tired, vomiting, chills with this infection? I had that many times and was diagnosed with a cold/flu/sinus/allergies with No relief. Was just diagnosed with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease, it is worth checking in with an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor or a Gastroenterologist.

My sympathies...............hang in there!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hi sandy, no i dont have any of those symptoms except the fatigue and god aweful pressure in my face w/zero drainage the past few days. ive got a nsa whole house enviromental air system, w/hepa.and keep the house ac filters replaced 2x a month.ive got a up coming appt with a new ent next month.im about fed up with this. i did have some luck taking collodial silver in the place of the antibiotics,seemed to help some, i may get back on it.i just cant figure why im soo much worse after the surgery? i had high hopes of it working. thanks

Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Angry Re: 2 year sinus infection and counting

I've had alll those symptoms for a year now!! Ct's and mri's didn't show anything. Massive pressure, on headache medicnie ...depakote. Today was the 2nd time within the past year....my sinus's just opend up...i've been blowing my nose all day all night ect. What should i do or can i do? I've been to like 15 drs. and all find nothing wrong with me ITS SOOOO FRUSTRAIGHTING.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hey Eclipse, i feel for you, the day before yesterday was baddd, man did my eyes hurt,i laid around all day. yesterday i woke up and had the urge to blow my nose, it was aweful, just gobs of infection. i dont think the dr's really know how bad we really are, ive been to many and have tons of dr bills, they tell me i have depression "wonder why?"they do think its all in my head,"it is" ive tried all the meds on the market,i have become antibiotic resistant.all my ct's and mri's do show infection, i take my films to my ent who did my endoscopic surgery and he says im fine and brags on how freakin well he did on my nose,i tell him im 40 times worse since his procedure, he has no answer,im taking my films to another ent and see if he may have done something wrong.mine started when i was 14 years old im now 33, i always thought it was my eyes "eye strain" in school and visited many optomologist which it was not.keep me posted

Closed Thread