It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
(male)

bdavid HB User
chronic sinus infections - at wits end

to summarize my sinus problems, here we go. I have had bad allergies all my life and in the past 7 years i have experienced migraine headaches (thought to be from my sinuses). Well after i got married my wife encouraged me to go see and ENT. After a few CT scans they noticed that i had polyps in my sinuses and that i had a deviated septum and all kind of other stuff wrong with my nose. I opted to do a sinus surgery which would eliminate the headaches and fix my nose. Well last December i had a real bad infection and after examination it was discovered that the polyps were back and surgery was needed to remove them. After the last surgery my nose has been in pretty bad shape. I have been on antibiotics about 10-12 times since the surgery and nothing is seeming to help. About 2 months ago i had this clay like substance come out of my nose after blowing it alot and i have alot of thickening mucus which i have never experienced in my life. I keep going to see my ENT, but all i get is antibiotics and nose spray. I am so ready to have my nose back to normal. I am concerned that this infection may be fungal and that this thing might take a turn for the worse soon. Has anyone had an infection that just never goes away? Should i ask for a sinus culture or MRI? Please advise, i need help. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
(female)

swig HB User
Re: chronic sinus infections - at wits end

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I am miserable with constant sinus and allergy problems, but nothing to that degree. I really think you should go see another doctor for a second opinion. The antibiotics and nasal sprays are obviously not helping and can end up causing more problems. I hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ar58 HB User

You may like to try taking a few doses of Kali Bichrome 30c. Kali Bichrome 30c is a homeopathic remedy that covers symtoms like Sinusitis and nasal polypus as you are going thorugh. It may just help.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
(male)

coulditbeTD HB User

Can you describe what problems you are having now?

Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Yeah I would demand a sinus CT or at the very least, have him look up your sinuses with the endoscope. 10-12 months is too long.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
(male)

bdavid HB User

thanks for the replys.

Right now i am going through another infection. The discharge is green and papery (real thick) w/ it looks like a little blood in it. After this one is gone then it will probably be another one on the other side of my nose. I started using my Grossman Irrigator more.

Everytime i go to my ENT, he numbs my nose and looks up with the scope. I hope to find a remedy soon. I just hate being on all of these medications. I have never been (before this) a go to the doctor kind of guy. i have been a rather healthy guy. Thanks for the help and any suggestions again.

Brian

Old 11-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
(male)

JONO IN DARWIN HB User

Try using hypertonic (2%) saline in your irrigator.

Takig guiaphenesian in high doses along with a decongestant (ie, Sudafed non Drying liquicaps) can help thin and drain mucous.

Last edited by JONO IN DARWIN; 11-08-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Closed Thread