It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
(male)

Inferit HB User
Sinus congestion wont go away!

Hi all,

Last year I had a bad upper respitory infection that trigged a sinus infection. A year later and I still have the congestion part. If I lay my head down to the right side, the right nostril clogs up and the same happend to the left. Some nights are worse than others, last night it woke me up a few times. But since last year I haven't been to the doctors, I just been living with it. Is there anything I need to be taking over the couter to clear this up? Maybe I need to go back to the doctors? Its not painful at all. Just over time has become very bothering.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated xD

Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Sinus congestion wont go away!

You may have allergies. Have you tried taking an antihistamine? I find Zyrtec works well (prescription).

Mucinex which is over the counter works well to thin mucous if that is a problem.

Irrigating sinuses with salt/baking soda water works to clean out the sinuses, also washes allergens out. I make the solution: 1 cup boiling water, 1/2 teaspoon plain salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, stir to dissolve, strain thru clean paper coffee filter, put into clean nasal spray bottles. To use, lie on back across bed with head hanging off, squirt a few squirts into each nostril, turn head side to side slowly few times, say kkkkk while getting up to keep solution from running down throat, gently blow nose if needed.

Have you by chance been using Afrin nasal spray? If so, you may be having a rebound. It will open the nose then slam it shut in a little while. Best to wean off of Afrin. Afrin can become addictive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

I am going to help you. I have very good results with this. You can go to a good vitamin store, or order it online. It is called oil of oregano p73, and sambucol ( the one in the purple box). They are anti-viral,anti bacterial and anti-fungal. Punch in cass ingram on the internet. Read about it, research it and try it. I have had a lot of jokes made by my family and friends. Two years later everyone of them uses these products. The oil of oregano is WONDERFUL!!!!!You put some drops under your tongue (hothothot), then count to 25 and drink at least a half a glass of water. Do this a few times a day-follow the intructions, go online and learn or go get the book the cure is in the cupboard by cass ingram. HOLY MOLY!!!! I bet you will be feeling at least 80% within two days!!! The only contraindication is if you are on blood thinners. Antibiotics are NOT always helpful or even useful. You will be so happy.

Last edited by itburns2004; 11-05-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

pantherwrestler HB User

Hello,

If you have a sinus infection a good over the counter medicine to try is Sudafed. It works great. And if your having other problems like you described with your nose, you should see your doctor.

A prescription decongestant and possibly even a visit to a ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) Doctor is sure to solve the problem.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
(female)

grinchydizz HB User

HI itburns2004, Im going to give that stuff a try. I have been suffering from congestion for 6 years, ever since reconstruction surgery I had on my sinuses following an accident. Ive tried the sudefed, but I have high blood pressure, so your really not suppose to take that stuff. hope this stuff works for me!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
(male)

Inferit HB User

Thx for all the replies.

I might give sudafed another try. I just hate taking those becouse they always make me feel edgy.

Irrigating sinuses; Does this just work as a temprary relief or can this actually cure the congestion? I have a Sunucleanse somewhere, but didn't think of using it. I just need to get some solution for it.

No, I don't have any allorgies that I know of. I also never used any nasal spreays. I remember just using some antibiotics and sinucleanse to get rid of the sinus infection. But the congestion is still lingering.

I have never heard of oil of oregano p73. I'm curious to try this. But I think im going to hold off for now and try the sinucleanse first. But if I dont get any better I'll deffinitly look into this. Sounds very interesting, thanks.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #7
(female)

divadebi HB User

I have the BP issue, but if I get "clogged" enough I just take one anyway, your BP fluctuates anyhow, so why not get some relief for a little while, but I certainly wouldn't take it on a regular basis. The Sudafed works great along with Mucinex which are all decongestants. Does anyone know if the Sudafed is a stimulant? I don't want to take it when I go to bed if it is, I'm jazzed up enough and don't sleep anyway.

The Zyrtec, Claritin, crap doesn't do anything but dry you up. Those are for the runny drippy nose condition. My ear is chronically infected because my left sinus is blocked off thanks to a car accident. Not having that surgery unless it is cosmetic to correct the hump in my nose, but I have too much going on for that luxury. My pharmacist does ear candling and believe it or not, it does help. I went to ENT and I thought he was going to vacuum my brains out along with my ear canal. Didn't really feel that much better. Big bill of course.

There is something my friend used called a NETI pot which is a sinus cleanse that is probably the same baking soda, salt with a few herbs thrown in, but well worth the price of admission. Salt is a great natural cleanser, along with peroxide, but the peroxide will "blanche" your delicate sinuses, so you have to use it with prudence. I think the trick to ear candling is you have to put some peroxide or solution in your ear, let it sit and then do the candling. If the ear wax obstruction is that hard, that little bit of suction is going to pull anything out. If however, you liquify it a little, then all H breaks loose!!!!

Nice to see a health professional trying to do his part outside the mainstream of handing out pills. Erythomycin is the bet antibiotic for the ear situation. Plain ole penicillin doesn't work. The crap in your sinuses is a mixture of alot of bactera so IMHO I think you have to have a broad spectrum antibiotic to touch the problem. Right now as I am typing I can't hear out of my left ear. So I am going to get the candle and begin the candling ceremony down at the ole Winn Dixie pharmacy. LOL!!!! Hope this helps and if the doc says it's crap DON'T LISTEN!!!

Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Good luck, I think you will very pleased with the outcome!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #9
(male)

hp8 HB User

divadebi:

Ya the sudafed can keep you awake all night. It contains ingredients which acts as stimulants, the original Sudafed containing pseudoephedrine.
I tried the Sudafed PE which switched to phenylephrine, not nearly as effective. Even the pharmacist was complaining about it. I can still buy the original Sudafed but you have to ask the pharmacist for it now.
Neil Med sinus rinse is a good product byt be careful with these nasal rinses if your ears are real blocked up. My ears were filled with liquid from nasal congestion and the rinses made it worst. Even the box was warning not to use it if your ears are blocked, my doctor said try it anyway, it got worst and drove me crazy. lol
My ENT said when you can solve the nasal congestion, the ear blockage problem will resolve itself.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

North American herb and spice : oil of oregenol p73 ( it is about .45 once bottle) until you try it, you will never know how well it works!!!!

Old 11-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #11
(male)

JONO IN DARWIN HB User

1. Rinse the sinuses each day with either warm saline (half a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water) or warm Alkalol solution

2. Ask your doctor for a cortisone nasal spray

3. Take Sudafed three times a day for one week

If this doesnt bring releif, ask for a referal to an ENT surgeon.

Last edited by JONO IN DARWIN; 11-05-2006 at 06:17 PM. Reason: product names are allowed - websites are not

Old 01-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Let me know how it works. It does work. Only but Oil of Oreganol p73 no subs. Put 3-5 drops under your tongue, hold it as long as you can (at least 30 seconds) then drink a glass of water. While you are actively ill do this two to three times a day. There is also a product called oregamx-follow the bottle. If you have a cast iron stomach there is oregacyn (green and white bottle) Follow the bottle. Dr. cass ingram had many book and one aimed at respiratory illness called the respiratory solution-sold at amazon. a great read. I am so curious to know if you really follow this how you are doing ( I would give it a week and I would guess you are better.) Contact-radio on line had archives with cass ingram talking about this stuff. Good kuck.

Closed Thread