It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
(male)

scoob8000 HB User
Toothache or sinus pressure?

About two years ago I cracked one of my top right bicuspids, requiring a crown. I did not have a root canal at this time, the pain completely went away within a month of the crown, and I've been pain free for the past years.

Recently it started hurting, not like a normal toothache. Pressure and hot/cold don't seem to bother it.

It's a very dull pain which seems to be worse in the evenings than morning. I've been taking Advil for it which helps a bit, but it's been going on for a month now.

As far as touch making it hurt, it hurts to put pressure right there besides my nose. (Hard to explain, right in the soft spot between your nose and cheekbone) As high up on my face where the pain is makes me wonder. Could I be dealing with some sort of sinus issue and not a tooth issue?

Anyones thoughts? I'm always paranoid with stuff like this..

Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
(male)

scoob8000 HB User
Re: Toothache or sinus pressure?

Sadly, thats what I was afraid to hear. Probably why I havn't called my dentist yet. I am going to call today for an appointment.

Out of all the dental work I've had (1 crown and at least one filling in all but 2 teeth) I've never had a root canal. Just the term makes me uneasy, you never hear anyone say anything good about a root canal..

Edit: If I do end up needing a root canal, will they be able to re-use that crown? (I had to pay cash for it, no insurance)

Last edited by scoob8000; 11-20-2006 at 04:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
(male)

scoob8000 HB User
Re: Toothache or sinus pressure? - Root Canal - Update

Update:

Well I called my dentist and he squeezed me in this morning.

Turns out I have a small abscess forming and I'm going to need that root canal.
He started today by poking a hole in the crown and going in a little ways with the file and put a temporary filling in. My appointment is next Friday.

He said the tooth is just about completely dead, so there shouldn't be much pain involved, and it's such a small abscess it should start healing without antibiotics.

As for the crown being saved he said about 90% of the time the crown is okay. Mine seemed to drill okay without cracking.

Closed Thread