It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #1

marylennox88 HB User
asthma or residual from sinus infection?

Firstly, I used to have asthma when I was little. When I was a baby I was hospitalized for it. Back then we lived in Georgia and I now only have had problems with it when I go back to visit. Now I spend my time in CA and NYC and have not had the same difficulty I had in GA since the climate is much wetter. That being said, I haven't been to the ER for asthma since I was seven...I am now 22.

Over the summer I had a sinus infection which was successfully treated after a round of antibiotics.

This fall I contracted what I thought was a cold, then I started to develop a high fever, etc. I was put on antibiotics and have been on them for about a week and only have one more day to go.

I've noticed I still have a runny nose, however, and during the evening I will have a cough. Sometimes its deep set feeling, sometimes I'll cough up white mucus. But other times of the day seem to be fine. My fever has gone down and my cough is DEFINITELY 80% lessened.

I do have chest pain, but I also suffer from panic disorder and IBS. I've been VERY panicked lately due to a lot of stress in my life and notice I've been having panic attacks more frequently, so I attribute my chest pains to panic attacks AND IBS as I seem to have a lot of gas recently (as I always do when I'm very panicked).

Does it sound like I need to go back to the doctor? Currently I am doing a study abroad program in France and feel like I may have an allergy to the climate. The doctor I saw said she didn't think it was asthma as my chest was not rattling.

I go back to the USA in 1.5 weeks where I will definitely be seeing a doctor, especially if this keeps up. It is very difficult for me to see a doctor here because I don't know a lot of the medical vocabulary.

Do you guys think this is something that can wait or does it sound like asthma see your doctor now type of thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread