It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

shorty03906 HB User
Question Why do I wake up with a headache? Could it be my sinus?

do I wake up with a headache? Could it be my sinus? Also after my fiance leaves for work I toss and turn and can not sleep pass 7:30. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
(female)

canadadiva HB User
Re: Why do I wake up with a headache? Could it be my sinus?

Do you grind your teeth? Sometimes when I am really stressed and grind alot, I wake up with a headache.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Not that I know of. I have this medication I take when I have a headache and I took that yesterday morning when I woke up and it didnt help.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

yabst HB User

Hi, I have that problem too. I know I grind teeth a lot. Can the grinding go away?

Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabst View Post
Hi, I have that problem too. I know I grind teeth a lot. Can the grinding go away?
Do you mean can the grinding stop? I think so. I think grinding might happen when you are stressed or have a lot on your mind.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

It could also be your pillow(s), mattress support, allergies, stress level before bed, the weather (I find that a lot of humidity gives me one or makes it worse) or any number of things. Frequently when I wake with one it is sinus as you mentioned. I can tell because the only thing that helps me is taking sudafed and nasal spray along with a pain reliever. The headaches I wake up with are the most difficult to get rid of. If I get one during the day I can get rid of it much more easily than I can if I wake with one. I have also found that sometimes no matter what I take it doesn't go away until it gets dark (I can't figure that one out). I would try taking a decongestant next time along with your pain reliever and see if that helps. If not, you might want to try changing your pillow.

Nancy

Old 01-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Thank you for your help. I never thought about it maybe being my pillows.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioAdoptMom3 View Post
The headaches I wake up with are the most difficult to get rid of. If I get one during the day I can get rid of it much more easily than I can if I wake with one. I have also found that sometimes no matter what I take it doesn't go away until it gets dark (I can't figure that one out).
Nancy
hi there bio,
that's exactly what happens to me!!!!! i have no idea why. the pain will not go away, even if i take my imitrex, and/or other loads of naprosyn, ibuprofen, etc. even if i use nasal spray--it has no effect!! it's the most horrendous pain!!! however, like you said, when the day starts to wind down and the darkness comes, the pain subsides somehow. it's very irritating, to say the least!

this past week, i woke up at 3:30am with pain all over my head (i don't know what the heck it was), because it didn't respond to anything, and just taking a pill made me nauseaus. anyway, i ended up vomiting, took another pill and drank some orange juice and finally went back to bed, to get some sleep for work in the morning. i really empathize with everyone on here. had these migraines since i was in college and i'm now 36. one thing i must say though. ever since the neuro put me on topamax, 50mg twice a day, the episodes did decrease in frequency. obviously it did not make them go away, and the worst are those that come to you stealthily in the middle of the night.

blessings to you all!

Old 01-15-2007, 02:20 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User

Do you snore? Could you maybe have sleep apnea?

Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #10
(male)

George8211 HB User

I was getting ready to ask this question myself... My situation seems to be a little different.

Most mornings I wake up with a headache... It last for about 5 or 10 minutes, then goes away. It makes for a bad start, as I would like to lay in bed and relax for a little while before getting up. But getting up and going seems to make it go away faster.

Most nights my sleep is disturbed, wake up multiple times in the night, and get 4 to 7 hours of sleep.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #11
(male)

zach016 HB User

Hey Shorty, George and all,

How often do you take meds. for your migraine? If it isn't frequent, do you see any link to the days you take the medication and the following morning?

I do know the h/a you are talking about George = hard to get under control. I came to the conclusion that when a migraine starts when I'm asleep it has a chance to 'establish' itself before it wakes me up.

Over the 'decades' I found that if I jump on a migraine at the first inkling of it, I can head it off at the pass many times and end up taking much less medication than if it really takes hold. When I'm asleep and miss that first opportunity I find it is much harder to reign in.

Zach.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #12
(male)

George8211 HB User

I don't take any medications .... not even Asprin. Like I stated, it goes away within 10 minutes of getting out of bed. I only have them in the morning... never at night, it's strange.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
(male)

MickeyMouseee HB User

I have that **** aswell i think its sinus related, when you go to sleep try sleeping with your head upright as much as possible and see if that helps

Old 01-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #14
(female)

skitz600 HB User

I get headaches all the time! I've tried every medicine I could, my nerologist gave up on me! I wake up with a slight headache sometimes and I know it's going to be a hard day! I know that the longer I lay in bed and try to fall back to sleep, the worse my headache will get. If I wake up, I get up and the pain is not so bad. I also get headaches if I lay on the couch and watch a movie, I have to sit up. I also tried a different pillow. I got a temperpedic pillow and that seems to help a little. It helps keep your head in line with your spine. I hope you feel better!

Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach016 View Post

if I jump on a migraine at the first inkling of it, I can head it off at the pass many times and end up taking much less medication than if it really takes hold. When I'm asleep and miss that first opportunity I find it is much harder to reign in.

Zach.
that's very true for me as well!! absolutely.
but then, there are the 'everyday' headaches, and i mean, about every friggin' day, and then i have to load up with all kinds of OTC meds. i feel like a complete medicine cabinet, a walking pharmacy no less. there are all kinds of pills in my bag, it's really abnormal. sometimes i get so TIRED and so frustrated about the whole thing, that i actually cry about it, as stupid as it may sound. although it's good to know i'm not alone, and there are other suffering souls out there with the same "lot in life." you know, i've always asked myself why? why? why me? why so much pain all the time? why so much inability to enjoy life? why this indirect alienation from friends, and distancing from loved ones because of pain? i never really found the answers. i don't think i ever will.

Closed Thread