It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
(male)

cappy7 HB User
clogged ears/sinuses/pressure in head

Hello,

What are some recommendations for these problems? What works best for people? I've used Sudafed, Zyrtec, and various other products with some level of comfort. I just wanted to get an idea what everybody is taking. My biggest complaint is pressure in my ears and my head. Everytime I swallow my ears pop and click. This has been going on since last summer. I have since been tested for allergies and came up mold, dust, mites. I also started getting allergy shots back in September.

Thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: clogged ears/sinuses/pressure in head

I had all those symptoms you described but it came from my acid reflux. I know it sounds weird but people with GERD can experience allergy like symptoms. I do have allergies though but after taking acid reflux meds those symptoms went away. I got off those meds and started taking digestive enzymes instead. For my allergies though I take Zyrtec D. I also get allergy shots. For your allergies try cleaning absoloutely everything. Wash everything that is washable like your bedding, curtains, etc. If you have carpet use baking soda at least once a week to clean it. Sprinkle it on and let it sit for like 15 to 20 minutes then vacuum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #3
(male)

cappy7 HB User

Thanks Alagaesia. I was taking Zyrtec over the summer and it helped a little. I just started taking Zyrtec D so I guess I should give sometime to kick in. I've only been taking it for two days. I also have GERD so maybe that's making my symptoms worse. I've also been taking digestive enzymes and probiotics, which seem to really help. I also watch my diet and take a good vitamin regimen. I never knew GERD could cause allergy like symptoms.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

oil of oreganol p73 and sambucol. They are sold in vitamin stores. There is a book the repiratiry solution as well to guide you.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy7 View Post
Thanks Alagaesia. I was taking Zyrtec over the summer and it helped a little. I just started taking Zyrtec D so I guess I should give sometime to kick in. I've only been taking it for two days. I also have GERD so maybe that's making my symptoms worse. I've also been taking digestive enzymes and probiotics, which seem to really help. I also watch my diet and take a good vitamin regimen. I never knew GERD could cause allergy like symptoms.

Thanks for the advice.
What kind of digestive enzyme are you taking? Are you sure its totally working? If you continue to try different allergy meds and none of them are making you feel better maybe its the GERD acting up. If that's the case try a different digestive enzyme. Try to get one with multiple ingredients in it. If the one you're trying now doesn't work, get one with different ingredients in it.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
(female)

Jade001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alagaesia View Post
I had all those symptoms you described but it came from my acid reflux. I know it sounds weird but people with GERD can experience allergy like symptoms. I do have allergies though but after taking acid reflux meds those symptoms went away. I got off those meds and started taking digestive enzymes instead. For my allergies though I take Zyrtec D. I also get allergy shots. For your allergies try cleaning absoloutely everything. Wash everything that is washable like your bedding, curtains, etc. If you have carpet use baking soda at least once a week to clean it. Sprinkle it on and let it sit for like 15 to 20 minutes then vacuum.

Do you have the GERD symptoms along with these allergy type symptoms or just the allergy symptoms? I don't think I have ever heard of having allergy type symptoms with GERD...maybe it's new.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade001 View Post
Do you have the GERD symptoms along with these allergy type symptoms or just the allergy symptoms? I don't think I have ever heard of having allergy type symptoms with GERD...maybe it's new.

Well my allergies are under control now since I've been taking medication. When I feel allergy like symptoms its actually my acid reflux that's bothering me. While that's happening I can feel a bit of acid coming up my throat. Normally when I take my digestive enzyme it goes away but once in a while the acid breaks through then I can feel those symptoms mildly coming back.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #8
(female)

Jade001 HB User

What's a good digestive enzyme to take on a daily basis long term?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade001 View Post
What's a good digestive enzyme to take on a daily basis long term?
Something with natural ingredients in it like peppermint, papaya, ginger, etc. Something like that. I just tried papaya chewables and those seem to help if I have a bit of acid that breaks through.

Last edited by Alagaesia; 01-26-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Closed Thread