It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 03:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User
Nothing Works/sinus

I get really bad sinus congestion pressure which will not drain and causes my top teeth to ache - feels like toothaches. I have tried so many over the counter decongestants and nothing seems to help. In fact, I am wondering if they make things worse!! Sometimes if I don't take something it seems to drain more. I usually don't take anything with an antihistimine as one doctor told me that can make things worse as well. I have been on an antibiotic, so any infection has probably cleared, but the congestion remains. It aches so badly that I go from dentist to doctor to dentist trying to figure it out. I have had lots of dental problems throughout my life, so it is always tricky to decipher what is going on as many of the top teeth have root canals already. I do use the Netti Pot on occasion and saline nasal spray, but I often feel the congestion is so high up (causing my cheek bones to hurt and the teeth) that the pot and spray are not reaching the bad areas. A friend told me that sometimes aspirin will help as it opens the blood vessels around congested areas and helps things to drain. I have not tried that as yet as I have taken Advil and don't want to mix the two. Does anyone know if I took Advil yesterday if I can try the aspirin today?

If anyone has any thoughts or what has worked for them I would appreciate the advice. By the end of the day I am worn out from the pain, aching, and worrying about tooth vs sinus. And, yes, I have been to the dentist and nothing shows up as seriously wrong. Sinuses appear clear on the xray, but again I feel the congestion is too far up to show on a dental xray. I am not ready for an endodontist to retreat teeth already done and don't want that added pain and expense.

Thank you so much for listening and any hints, advice, or sharing any experiences like mine that you might have.

glowing4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Nothing Works/sinus

If you have allergies antihistamines are one of the first lines of defense. Do you know what you are allergic to? Avoidance is the first line and then antihistamines to stop the allergic reaction are the next (allergy shots too).

Closed Thread