It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

hjjasnell HB User
Question Sinus Rinse???

So I had FESS, turbinate reduction and a septoplasty done last week. When I went in for my third debridement today the doctor wants me to start doing a sinus rinse and gave me a Neilmed Sinus Rinse to use. They explained briefly how to do it but I don't want to mess up somehow. Am I supposed to squeeze the bottle hard so it goes into my nostril fast or soft so it goes slowly? Do I keep my head tilted forward the whole time until everything drains out? DOes it all drain out then or constantly leak out? Sorry for all the questions but if someone could explain the process and all the gross details I would really appreciate it!!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
(female)

debmul HB User
Re: Sinus Rinse???

My allergist also gave me one of the sinus rinse bottles (I also had one of the neti pots). She said to put the saline solution in the bottle, along with distilled or warm water that has been boiled to sanitize it. (Make sure it's cool enough! Should be lukewarm.) Lean over the sink and tilt your head downward to drain the liquid as it fills up your sinus cavity. It will run from the other nostril, so don't plug it up! I usually get about half of the bottle done with one squeeze, then remove the bottle from my nostril, let the bottle fill back up with air, then place it back in my nostril and squeeze again. Gently blow your nose after you finish with the rinse. Mine also drips for a few minutes afterwards, and it doesn't all run out due to a drainage problem. When I turn my head to the side later on, it does the post-nasal drip thing. Strange feeling! The box for the rinse should have come with good instructions...Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread