It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #16
(female)

murph154 HB User
Re: Chronic Sinusitis?

Wow, this is a very interesting topic. I"m not diagnosed as of yet. I just had a follow-up MRI, 6 months from my first MRI & first symptoms. I have an apptmt in 2 weeks to review it with my neuro. She kind of blew me off 6 mos ago because i didn't have "enough" history/symptoms/etc to go off of, so now that she wants to actually see me, i'm a little nervous.

but i've had chronic sinus issues for years as well. Actually am just coming off the last round of antibiotics (rd 2 for this attack) after one of the worst attacks i've had in a long time. i got SEVERE dizzy spells with this one, which i've never had before. wow, did that throw me for a loop!!! very interesting the # of folks here that have had chronic sinusitis.

by the way, Cindy, do you still live in brockton, ma? i grew up right in your neck of the woods, in easton. your post about the stream to the cranberry bog made me feel right at home again!!

erin

Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #17
(female)

muller007 HB User

Hi Everyone, I have just been dx with Probable MS and have had sinus problems almost all my life. I was dx with chronic sinutitis appx 10 years ago and finally had surgery in 2002 which helped TREMENDOUSLY!!! Since then, I have not had any real problems until this summer which I think resulted due to stopping my allergy shots because to my MS symptoms (too tired and sick to go get them weekly). One thing affects the other I guess. One of my symptoms of the MS is dizziness and I did see my ENT before I was dx with probable MS and he did not think the dizziness was caused by any inner ear issues and did not believe my sinus issues would contribute to it either.

Last edited by muller007; 10-17-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

I agree that this very interesting!! seems to be a common with people!!

I hope alot of other people post their responses if they have sinus issues or not. Bearygood has spiked my curiousity!! LOL

Erin~I am still in Brockton, right next door to your hometown. The cranberry story happened when I lived in Wareham, true bog country!!

Hope everyone is having a good day out there~

Cindy

Old 10-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Unfortunately, I haven't come across a postable link for the whole 8 page article but if anyone can their hands on the August 2007 issue of the "Journal of the Neurological Sciences", the article is called "Bacterial toxins and Multiple Sclerosis" by Frederick Gay.

Erin, good to know that you had the surgery and recommend it. I must say, I am a little nervous! BTW, one of the reasons my doctor thinks I've had MS for a long time were intermittent episodes of vertigo I had about 18 years ago.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Bearygood~

Just thought I'd let you know that I got my MRI report today and they found left maxillary sinus mucosal thickening, consistant with chronic left maxillary sinusitis.

Oh boy, I was hoping after the surgery I had many years ago, I wouldn't have to deal with that ever again.

But there it is. Did your MRI say the same? Just curious if its something I need to follow up on.

Thanks a bunch

Cindy

Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

I think my MRI just said "sinus disease" but I just got the CT report and disc yesterday. Yes, according to that, there's "mucosal thickening" all over the place! I don't know though if it ever goes away once it's there. I need to start doing research and learning more about all this and before I jump into the surgery, I do want to get a second opinion. It's a little confusing but it sure reads like I'm a mess!!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #22
(female)

Tasia9 HB User

Hi,
Yes! I can definately say that I have and do still!!. My nose drips at the most unconvenient times and I get lots of sinus headaches too. My doctor has perscribed stuff to me but it doesn't matter, it will clear up for awhile and then wham its back again. Good luck to you!!
T

Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

T~ Welcome to our world of sinus problems. Definately is interesting how many people with ms have this problem as well.

Bearygood~ I never read my CT scans when I had the past issue that resulted in the surgery. So I wouldn't be able to compare. I just know the reaccuring infections created a blockage and when they went in, lots of pollups were removed. If you find out any more on this, please let me know.
Your such a wiz on research and find so many interesting things along the way!!

Sounds like you have a bigger mess than me though, since mine is only on the left.

Just food for thought, I have battled this for years and I absolutely HATE taking antibiotics because I always end up with a yeast infection. The last time I had a miserable bout, I asked the pharmacist if there was anything I could use over the counter. He suggested the old fashioned vicks vapor rub, believe it or not. I then searched the shelves myself, and found an all natural nasal spray with mentholiptic that reduced membrane swelling and moisturized as well. This definately help to reduce the swelling in my nasal passages. I fealt better in a day. My family all tried it and all had a noticable improvement. I can't remember the name but I'll have to look it up again because it did work. Just thought I'd pass that along!! ~ Cindy

Old 11-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #24
(male)

MSWONTWIN HB User

I too have sinus problems.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #25
Inactive
(female)

tuckersmom HB User

Cindy and Bearygood... I was having similar stuff going on and finally agreed to started using flonase..the real stuff not generic and it all stopped. Not really sure why just quit having sinus infections. I stopped using it for a short time over the summer and whammo.... sinus infection!

Just my experience.. sinus pain is terrible!

Lisa

Last edited by tuckersmom; 11-16-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cindy, yes, I'd absolutely be interested in knowing the name if you can find it.

Welcome, other sinus sufferers! I know it might sound a little screwed up but part of why I find this stuff is my somewhat subsided but continual quest to find out WHY I wound up here. I've found way too much info. on a potential fungal/bacterial component to not believe it's at least a possibility and I also think that EBV may have had a role. Who knows, but regardless, I believe more and more every day that all of us did NOT get here the same way. And, if this is true, makes sense why the cure has been so hard to find.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Bearygood~

Its called Sino Fresh. It kills nasal molds and bacterias (another topic we've hit on in the past)
I have purchased this at the drug store but have also found this on a popoular auction site. I think I'm going to invest in another bottle myself!!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Bearygood~

I ordered this again on line and 2 days using, my left sinus is much clearer and I can breath!! Worth trying out if anyone is suffering with sinus issues.

Just wanted to share

Have a great weekend all~

Cindy

Old 11-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cindy, your timing is impeccable! I had trouble finding it in the store -- had to order it through a local pharmacy and just picked it up last night! It was the regular one (there's a nasal moisturizing formula that I believe is new). Anyway, I've used it twice already and I DO feel a difference. I don't think that this will clear up a raging infection but as a preventative measure, I'd rather be using a homeopathic remedy than something a little more "potent". So far, I think this will work just as well!

I'm also going to try to be more diligent about the Netti pot (have you ever used one?) and I got a special formula to add to the salt, also made with natural oils. I'm short one oil but should be getting it tomorrow and will start then. (Let me know if you want the "recipe".)

Again, thanks for the recommendation! (Next time I'll be getting it online though -- it's pricey!)

Last edited by Bearygood; 11-24-2007 at 03:08 PM.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Hi Bearygood~

I bought it at a pharmacy for almost $20 but got this on auction for $6 including shipping!! It is the moisurizing formula.

When I have a full blown infection, I dry out really bad. My nose, my lips and mouth. Thats how I know I'm in trouble. (not to mention the headache and sinus pressure).

Last time this happened, I was in a full blow infection and it worked geat!! It reduces the swelling from the minty oils and opens up the airways. That helps the draining. My family all loved the effects and finished off my bottle!! Maybe I'll get them all one for XMas LOL

I saw the netti pots when I found this and it spiked my curiousity. What is it exactly? The oils sound helpful too. I'd love your "recipe" if you get a chance.

Cindy

Closed Thread