It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User
Re: Chronic Sinusitis?

I got it for a little less than that and for my next bottle I was planning to get it online (I've seen it cheaper) but not through an auction site. Can't dispute that's a great price though; I've just been reluctant to purchase this kind of stuff through those sites in the past but maybe I'll think about it

Netti pots are nasal irrigation systems. They look like small teapots (actually, kind of like a little genie lamp!) and you fill them with a saline solution. It's water and sea salt -- can't recall the exact measurement right now but directions come with them (I THINK it's a 1/8 tsp.). You tilt your head and pour it into one nostril and it comes out of the other one and then do the other one (2 pots per irrigation, one time for each nostril). Yes, it's as daunting as it sounds as first but you get the hang of it quickly. (First time or two there's a good chance you won't get it right and it'll go down your throat. ) I absolutely recommend them -- they've been used for YEARS.

I wouldn't try this recipe as a newbie -- start with the regular (sea) salt and water but if you like it and think you can keep it up, here's an advanced version! I should be getting what I need later today and will let you know how I do.

12 drops rosemary oil
10 d. peppermint oil
5 drops eucalyptus radiata oil (not the same as regular eucalyptus)
4 drops melrose oil
1/2 cup sea salt. Mix oils into salt.

Put oiled salt nto 1 pint jar and shake well. Mix 3/4 teaspoon with 1 cup warm H20, use your choice of nasal irrigator; neti pot or nasal syringe. Keep filling until the cup of water and salt is used up.

Irrigate once in morning and once in evening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Bearygood~

The netti potts do sound like fun, I must say!! So in 1 nostril, out the other? I never new that that could happen!!

I'll keep the recipe for future referance. I'll definately look into them. The oils are similiar to whats in the spray so I'm sure the benefits will be as great.

As far as auction shopping goes, I do it if its a sealed box and dated. And saves me money. Thats a bonus!!

Thanks a buch

Cindy

Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #33
Inactive
(female)

TXChica70 HB User

I've had chronic sinus problems for years myself...hmmm. I can't remember a day in the past 12 years that I haven't either had some type of congestion from very minor when I first wake up then goes away or a full on infection. Even though my daily congestion is just more of an annoyance, I do have at least 2 very bad boughts a year.

This is interesting.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 AM   #34
(male)

tazcliff HB User

I have had chronic sinus issues for about 10 years 2 surgeries to remove polyps & they want to do a 3rd. I wad dx with ms at the end of Aug 07. also another weird fact is I have 2 mri's in a year & a half with no visible lesions ( well the last one had one suspect area)

Closed Thread