It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
Can a blocked sinus cavity cause this?

I have a blocked sinus cavity on the left side between my eyes. I have been having excruciating all over headaches, plus pain and pressure in my head. A lot of pain between and behind my eyes. Also, some numbness and pain in my face. And all the time I have lightheadedness and dizziness. Can a blocked sinus cause this?

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Can a blocked sinus cavity cause this?

Absolutely, yes. Get it taken care of sooner rather than later- I had to live with my pain for over a year. I ended up getting sinus surgery (which solved the problem for me), but I will NEVER wait so long again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
(female)

cynthia66 HB User

Hi my name is Cindy,
I am not a doctor but I am someone who had the same problem but in my nasal cavity & sinus in my cheek. For years I thought I just had a bad sinus infections . I wound up having a tumor . I had a biopsy and I was diagnosed with cancer. So please get it checked my am ENT.
Good Luck!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
(female)

wmjsease HB User

dustoffkid, what were your symptoms? What kind of tests did you have before you found what yours was? I have been living like this for almost three years. I have had two brain mri's, ct scan of sinus, xrays, mri of cspine, lumbar spine. ALso, a lot of bloodwork, and heart tests. My chest has been hurting a lot and making the lightheadedness worse, but the head pain is the worse. It feels like it will explode any minute. The only scan that showed the blockage was an I CAT SCAN that an oral surgeon wanted me to get for a bad tooth. It showed that the whole cavity was full. The ENT I'm seeing put me on a three week course of antibiotics and a nasal spray to see if it will clear it, but I know it won't, because I have tried so many antibiotics for this. Also, what kind of sinus surgery did you have, and how was it? Is it very painful? Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
(female)

wmjsease HB User

Cynthia sorry about your diagnosis. I hope things are going okay for you. I will be thinking of you. I have had numerous testing done, and the only thing found was the blocked sinus cavity. I did have a sinus cyst in the sinus above my left cheekbone, but I had a dead tooth cut out last week ,and it puctured the sinus cavity, so the oral surgeon cleaned out that cavity for me. I really hope this will be some if not all of my problem. I'll be praying for you. Thanks for answering.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Well, after numerous courses of antibiotics failed to work and I had a suspicious x-ray, my allergist sent me for a CT scan. That's where they decided to refer me to an ENT. The ENT took one look at the CT and scheduled the surgery.

The surgery is the one they call the "roto-rooter," or "up your nose with a rubber hose." They went in, got all the **** out, and in a couple of places removed tissue or bone to make the holes between the sinuses bigger (so that they actually drain when they are supposed to). For me that was it; for some, they will take the opportunity to remove polyps or straghten out your septum (septoplasty).

My pain was negligible, I never took a pain med for it (but it may not be fair to use me as an example; I never had to for my knee surgery either, and I suspect I have a higher pain tolerance than many).

Closed Thread