It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

perkinssl HB User
Sinusitis and cannot stop sneezing

I went to the doctor on Friday and was told I have Sinusitis. It started with a sore throat and then sneezing, extreme sinus pressure and then nasal congestion, itchy eyes and ears etc. I am on my third day of the z-pack antibiotic and a decongestant. I have noticed over the past two days that I cannot stop sneezing. I also do not feel any better (I had a similar sinus infection last year right around this time of the year. I am located on the east coast and we are going through somewhat of a drought and it is extremely dry here) I have an allergy doctor and was tested for allergies maybe about 4 years ago but now I am beginning to wonder if I have developed new allergies that my currents medications are not able to handle. I currently take Allegra 180mg and Veramyst. I was told at the allergy test that I was allergic to dust mites, a type of tree and a few other things. Any one know what could be going on? Should I re-visit my allergy doctor? I am just miserable.

Last edited by perkinssl; 11-11-2007 at 05:18 PM.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Sinusitis and cannot stop sneezing

Pretz Ph balanced Nasal spray.
Ponaris Nasal Oil.
My ENT gave these to me for dry sinusitis conditions. They also help with the cold. Normal saline solutions aggravate matters.

<removed> Also to take you do the Pretz before you do your Veramyst or Nasonex.. then you would do the Ponaris after.

Good luck.
MG

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-11-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Sinusitis and cannot stop sneezing

I am apologizing here because I broke policy by suggesting a means to get the Pretz and Ponaris. I have found that most pharmacies do not stock them. You have to ask the pharmacist to order it for you or look into other means of getting it. Hopefully you will find relief soon.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread