It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #1
(female)

suki1724 HB User
Best ARB for sinus problems?

I've been on Cozaar for about a week and have a lot of sinus congestion. I'm trying to put up with it, but had a hard time sleeping last night. I take singulair and nasalcort for allergies/sinus problems. I'm wondering if (hopefully) this symptom will pass? Are any of the other ARB's better for people with sinus/allergy problems? Avapro gave me a bad cough, and I had trouble sleeping with Diovan. I'm determined to try to stay in the ARB class because I think (for me) they're the best drug if I could just find one with tolerable side effects.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Best ARB for sinus problems?

Hi,

Why you think that it's the best drug class for you? have you tried other drug classes and got side effects?

For me ARBs are exactly like ACEs, both caused a lot of bad side effects. being tired, breathless, dizzy, heavy legs, sweating a lot and even more.
Good luck,
Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #3
(female)

suki1724 HB User

I can't take beta-blockers due to asthma, and felt really rotten on Calcium channel blockers. Besides ACE-inhibitors which I don't think are great for asthma, I don't think I have too many other choices. My doctor also says that it's a good, safe class of drug. (I know some other people on here have had bad experiences with ARB's)

Old 11-14-2007, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki1724 View Post
I can't take beta-blockers due to asthma, and felt really rotten on Calcium channel blockers. Besides ACE-inhibitors which I don't think are great for asthma, I don't think I have too many other choices. My doctor also says that it's a good, safe class of drug. (I know some other people on here have had bad experiences with ARB's)
My father used Cozaar, which is an ARB drug, for 2 years and he had no side effects at all. So everyone is different. I hope you find the best one in this class for you.
Good luck,
Michael

Last edited by cartner; 11-14-2007 at 07:03 AM.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki1724 View Post
... Besides ACE-inhibitors which I don't think are great for asthma, I don't think I have too many other choices. ...
You might consider Quinapril (brand name Accupril). I have asthma, so my doctor prescribed Quinapril, a generic, which is supposed to be less of a problem for Asthmatics. I've been on it for many years.

Perhaps your doctor might have a sample that you could try.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
(female)

suki1724 HB User

Thanks for all of the suggestions/advice. I'm going to try to stay on the cozaar a little longer and hopefully my body will adjust.

Susan

Closed Thread