It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

mrsgroove HB User
dietary changes for allergies/sinus?

Hi all,

I am posting this on both the allergy board and the alt medicine board hoping for some gret personal success stories.

Has anyone changed their diet and successfully turned their health around...specifically for sinus/allergy reasons?

I am really suffering and feel strongly about trying the natural approach first.

I will look forward to your responses.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
Re: dietary changes for allergies/sinus?

well as you may or may not have seen from some other posts of mine on the board i have a leaky gut... which is causing a LOAD of food allergies, thus physical symptoms that drive me crazy.

Now, in regards to your question yes, when i initially went gluten/wheat/dairy free i felt a bunch better. I use to have headaches all the time, loose stool, heartburn, and never realized it was the food i was eating.

the problem with me is that i KEEP getting allergic to more foods, so i'll feel great for a while, until i develop new allergies because of the leaky gut. but once i figure that out, God willing, all will be well... cross your fingers.

so if i were you, i would cut out offending foods that you react to, (by taking ELISA food allergy test) cutting out processed foods, processed sugar, ie, inflammatory foods, and eating tons of veggies, fruits, lean wild game meats, fish, nuts, etc. The healthiest diets i've seen is basically something called paleolithic.. which is basically a hunter/gatherer type of diet... very healthy, and there's really good foods you can eat.... a lot of people say the less grain you eat the better, but i would avoid gluten/wheat like the plague... just because i've read too many research studies where they are linked to autoimmune disease.. the same goes for dairy as well. and possibly legumes..

but as you see that diet should make you feel great and also heal up "leaky gut" if you do have one. but in my case something else may be causing it so we'll see.

hope that helps
scott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread