It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Input about Flu shots and sinus infections

Hi all I need some input please. I have a son whose soon to be six for the last 3 yrs he's suffered from allergies that 9 times out of 10 progress into a sinus infection. He's on buckets of meds for allergies and takes antibiotics when he has a sinus infection. Now here's where I need input one of the Dr's in his pediatrician's office recommended that I give my son a flu shot because it may also help with his sinus infections has anyone ever heard of this or experienced the benefits of the shot on sinus infections before?

thanks

Old 02-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
(female)

Allergic1 HB User
Re: Input about Flu shots and sinus infections

Is this Dr. an Allergist? If not I would check with an allergist before I committed to that. Most people that I know that have had a flu shot end up coming down with cold symptoms following a flu shot so I can't figure out how this would help your little guy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

First, I would read the ingredients of the flu shot and then think about that one. Medications are all engineered and loaded with chemicals and those chemicals are probably reaking havoc on such a young boy and jeopardizing his immune system. The body is wasting time fighting these chemicals that we are taking in and it is difficult to fight when we are attacked with sickness, etc. I would suggest taking him to a naturopathic doctor who can possibly find the exact root of the alleries and treat your son without all of the medication. Also, if anyone is taking antibiotics, then you need to be taking a probitoc too. Antibiotics are not selective and they kill ALL bacteria, good and bad in the body. Probiotics promote the regrowth of good bacteria in the body.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Allergic1 We were seeing an allergist for approx 2 yrs my son has severe allergies to pollens,dust,grass. mold and a few other things he also has a sensitivity to nuts. We had the shots for that amount of time and they didn't seem to benefit him much so we stopped it just seemed like torture for very little relief.We have an air purifier I wash in fragrance free the linen and pillow and blankets weekly, we don't have a pet anymore. I'm trying to teach him how to use a netti pot but we'll see how that works. I'm just worried about him being on antibiotics so often and the allergy meds don't seem to help I'm at my wits end trying to help him he just seems so very miserable most of the time. It's looking like my only option is to move to the desert.

When he seems to have a problems with the w/anitbiotics I give him some acidophalis (sp?) in his juice or water and he right as rain in the intestine area.He's never gotten the flu in his 6 yrs of living and I'm trying to limit any shots that I can as he may be on the spectrum. I prefer to let his body fight of any types of flus.

Last edited by Liamsmom; 02-06-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Closed Thread