It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
(male)

iiiijohnsoniiii HB User
does mucinex work on sinus congestion?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
(female)

katrina_35 HB User
Re: does mucinex work on sinus congestion?

Yes it does....my allergy doctor recommended Mucinex for me for sinuses and for the congestion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
(male)

sir-tainly HB User
Re: does mucinex work on sinus congestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiiijohnsoniiii View Post
It depends how severe your sinus congestion is. If you have it most of the time, or have had it longer than 3 months, then it could be chronic and you might need something else to reduce the inflammation and achieve proper drainage. (I have chronic sinusitis and taken a LOT of Mucinex in my time.)

All of your sinuses drain through an opening about the size of a ball point pen tip. It doesn't take much for that to become plugged.

Mucinex works by thinning the secretions so they can drain more easily. But if the congestion is due to an allergen, infection or scarring from a previous infection, even if your mucus is thinner is still might not drain easily. It is best evaluated by an ENT if it lasts.

Also, something to remember is to drink a LOT of water while you are taking Mucinex. Check the information that comes with the packet - it talks about how much water you should be drinking.

Closed Thread